Miscellaneous
Contact Us
Antique Tractors
Classic Trucks
Kountry Life
YT Forums
Discount Parts

[Home]
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is the modern view of the Today's Tractors Forum. Just login with your YT Userid and password to post. If you have trouble logging in, contact us by email to support at ytmag.com, or through the Reader Form, and we will get you going right away.

Click here to return to Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index

NH TC33D losing power

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravenrock6
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: NH TC33D losing power Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My nornally reliable TC33D is feeling like me. It loses power and starts audibly missing after it warms up. It loses power/rpm and stalls or dies. I drained/cleaned the fuel filter and bled the line. No change.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: NH TC33D losing power Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have you checked for good fuel flow coming from tank to filter?

Jerry/MT
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: NH TC33D losing power Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agreee with the first post. Often times there is crud in the strainer/tank valve that restricts the flow. It"s easy enough to check. Shut the tank valve, disconnect the line from the tank to the filter and holding a container under the line tur on the tank valve.If the flow dribbles or i intemittent instaead of steadiy runnning out, you"vefound the problem.
the other possibility is that you have a loose fitting that"s allowing air into the fuel line. nae sure the fittings are tight.

ravenrock6
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: NH TC33D losing power Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I checked the fuel line. Flow from tank is good and fuel looked ok. I cleaned and drained the fuel filter, bled the line and restarted the tractor. Same thing. After running for 15-20 minutes, the engine starts dying as if fuel had run out, then surges back to normal speed, then starts dying again losing all power. After doing this for 4-5 times, the engine dies. It will start then immediately die. If I let it set for 30 minutes, it starts fine. Thx for helping.

ravenrock6
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: NH TC33D losing power Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I checked the fuel line. Flow from tank is good and fuel looked ok. I cleaned and drained the fuel filter, bled the line and restarted the tractor. Same thing. After running for 15-20 minutes, the engine starts dying as if fuel had run out, then surges back to normal speed, then starts dying again losing all power. After doing this for 4-5 times, the engine dies. It will start then immediately die. If I let it set for 30 minutes, it starts fine. Thx for helping.

Jerry/MT
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: NH TC33D losing power Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is the vent in the cap open? if it"s cloggedit will give you intermittent fuelflow. Are you sure you don"t have debris in the fuel tank?

russ1

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: NH TC33D losing power Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If the fuel has been in the tank for a while it will sometimes allow a fungus to grow and it will clog the filter. You could have flow to the filter but the algae will clog it quickly. You might try draining the tank and putting some new fuel in, change the filter then try it. Sometimes a fungicide is necessary.

RodinNS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: NH TC33D losing power Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Remove the tank cap before you start it and see how long it runs... or when it quits... remove the cap immediately and listen for a hiss/vacuum as you open the cap. I suspect the vent is plugged.
Otherwise you need to check fuel flow into the pump manifold when it quits.

Rod

ravenrock6
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: NH TC33D losing power Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Turned out to be bad fuel.

bobj984
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: NH TC33D losing power Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am having the same problem with my 33d. I used an air hose to blow back up into the fuel line going to the tank and it ran fine for about 10 minutes, then started dying again once I started going uphilll, so that means the tank will have to be removed and cleaned out.
QUESTION:
How do you gain access to the tank to remove it? There are no videos or online manuals showing what you remove to reach the tank, and I don't want to start going through the dash if you need to go through the firewall

Any ideas?

Post new topic    Today's Tractors Forum Index -> Today's Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1