Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

TO 20

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bspauld
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject: TO 20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I posted on here about my TO20 3 point quit, It was working, and I went to use the rear blade and it wouldnt come up, I have had it apart 3 times now, the last time I installed a new by pass valve and a new control valve . The bypass valve was missing a valve and a spring, figured that was the trouble, I took the pump all apart and it was clean, and looked great, springs all were the same tension , put it together and nothing, I guess I am done with it, I got this tractor in 1966, I had some advice on here and tried every one, but nothing, I am to old to keep crawling under the tractor,

Bruce(OR)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: TO 20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your original post has now migrated to page two.
Have YOU inspected this item?

A possible solution from the other board and Hobo(NC)
There is a long spring on the lift linkage that attaches from the linkage to the lift cylinder I have seen them break is it intact... JMOR has a pix of it... If its broke the lift will not work : (

https://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/viewtopic.php?t=823852&highlight=jim

Unless you have already really, really given up on it. if you were closer than Michigan, I might take a road trip and make an offer.

Bspauld
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: TO 20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the spring is intact and in good shape, Oil just isnt coming up to the cylinder,

Bruce(OR)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: TO 20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As I stated previously, posting your hyd problems over on the 9N/2N/8N Ford board might yield better results.
Last time I even provided a link to that forum on this board. No oil going up is either a busted pump, I think not, a stuck valve not building pressure or stuck open and bleeding off.
Your about 2500 miles too far away from me. I know that many Ford machines use the same pump and trying to fix an old one with china almost parts sometimes does not work. I put together a Fergy pump with China parts. Now it thumps under a load.
It will get replaced with a Ford pump.

Bspauld
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: TO 20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had the pump all apart, the pistons and cylinders are in great shape, the valves beside the pump are in good shape, the springs are all the same tension. The tubes going up to the piston and cylinder are open, and I did post on the Ford N site, Thanks for helping

Bruce(OR)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: TO 20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Then you have also had the side covers off while in operation to observe oil flow and potential leakage from the top cylinder?

Dan S (NY)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: TO 20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Could be a hole in the pipe going up to the cylinder as well. Bright light and a telescoping mirror may help see where it's leaking.

MCOHIO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: TO 20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have you inspected the lift cylinder and piston? You said you started using this tractor in 1966. That is a lot of use on that assembly.

Bspauld
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: TO 20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I checked the pipe, and the cylinder and piston , I put air to the piston, it jumps, I blocked the pipe off at the bottom and put oil in it and then air, no leaks. no oil comes up the pipe. There isnt a part that wasnt taken apart in the pump

Bspauld
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: TO 20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is no oil flow going to the pipe, its all clean and not plugged, I can see the pump working, The tractor is 73 yrs old, but the pump and all its parts were tight, I did replace the bypass valve and control valve

Bruce(OR)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: TO 20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

73 years old? H*ll that is getting to prime time. You had the cover off and the machine running to have a lookee-loo?
If that pump is all that then either you have a bad connection or as stated, a bad pipe. Pull both side covers and run the silly thing.
Question is, is that machine older than you or younger?
Most my machines, tractor machines, around here are a bit older than me. There is one though that has a whopping 22.3 hours on it.
The official orange interloper.

6 SLY PLACE
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: TO 20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had the same trouble with my TO 30 a small pin came out of the wishbone which caused the valve not to open fully the control valve would move but not far enough to operate the lift

Bruce(OR)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: TO 20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There isnt a part that wasnt taken apart in the pump...

You, uh. . . put it together with a part backwards?

Oops. Gotta run.
Catch u later.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters