Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

MM 335

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bingo001
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject: MM 335 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK, I split the 335. The clutch would not fully disengage and I was at the end of the pedal adjustment and still had to much pedal travel. Upon disassembly, the clutch and pressure plate look good but someone before me had messed with the pressure plat adjustment screws. one for each of the 3 finger's. I've tried looking up how to adjust the pressure plate but without success.
Can anyone tell me how to adjust the pressure plate or suggest a video? I need some measurement or specs too. The slots where the screw driver goes has been rounded a little. Must have been a real winner that did this!

molinegb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: MM 335 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Best to contact one of the makers of the clutch for adjustments. Usually all are set up by the supplier. I would change clutch and pressure plate and be done with issues. Not all that expensive 300-400$.

rvirgil_KS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: MM 335 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is adjustment information for original clutch for 335, 445, 4Star and Jet Star series in IT Manual MM-14, which is also included in the MM-201 book which is a collection of several models

T.R.K.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: MM 335 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't have the spec.

I did have a similar problem with a Farmall Cub. As I recall, IHC gave a dimension from the flywheel out to the clutch fingers. I made a gauge from a stick of wood. used 3 bolts, 2 long bolts where their heads could touch the flywheel face and a shorter bolt set to the correct dimension for the clutch fingers.

molinegb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: MM 335 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I quit using IT manuals years ago. Found too many specs weren't correct.

cleddy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: MM 335 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not helping with the question but if you go to the work of splitting I would replace disk and pressure plate and maybe have the flywheel ground. I have 2 - U-302 with weak clutches and advoid taking them out to work because I don't want to get stuck in a bad place. Who has replacement parts available at a reasonable price?Cleddy

SWMolines
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: MM 335 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters