Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Original oil filter v Currently available for UB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MnBoy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:57 am    Post subject: Original oil filter v Currently available for UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just a few pictures of the original MM oil filter for the '53 UB next to the replacements that are currently available. The newer ones are a bit smaller in diameter and a tad shorter, but seem to work OK. I have one of the newer ones in the UB now. No apparent issues.

Duey C
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Original oil filter v Currently available for UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where are you finding these? These just may fit older oil Purolater filters too.
Thank you.

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Original oil filter v Currently available for UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

humm, where are you getting these KE5905 filters. i have tryed getting a filter for my U today and no way. cant get any one of them. i used
all the #'s you guys posted. i will try to find that adapter also.

MnBoy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Original oil filter v Currently available for UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-rustred wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:14:33 05/28/21) humm, where are you getting these KE5905 filters. i have tryed getting a filter for my U today and no way. cant get any one of them. i used
all the #'s you guys posted. i will try to find that adapter also.

Try Henry Leasing in Bakersfield, CA. Henry Leasing & Manufacturing Co. LLC | 661-395-3027. That is where I got mine. They had a good supply earlier in the year.

Duey C
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Original oil filter v Currently available for UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A trusted guy at NAPA just shook his head at me today when I asked about U or G MM filters. OK. Knew that fact.
rusty, I've been in touch with Henry Leasing parts dept myself just today.
Like MnBoy says, they have 50+ FE5095 filters in stock as of this morning.
Mexico plant, built for Henry Leasing in batches, brown paper folded element and a steel housing.
24.17 each. Maybe order an o-ring at 2.50 also.
I should have ordered a filter and seal ring. Need to for my project.
Thanks for the tips MnBoy! I'm catching up!
There it is! A tad shorter! That tiny detail has been racking my brain!
Do we need a spring to hold it down in the filter housing?
They need to be held down.
I'm about to butcher a Fleetguard LF-584's 1/2" ID top to show another option.
I'm very glad I stopped in here at YT!

This post was edited by Duey C on 05/28/2021 at 09:36 pm.

derwen1959
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Original oil filter v Currently available for UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is there enough spring pressure to keep shorter
filter tight?
Send me some part numbers of filters you can't get
and I will check with one of the biggest suppliers of
filters in uk
Why don't you change to screw on filter?

Duey C
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Original oil filter v Currently available for UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wonder how much pressure it would take. Oil flow is from the outside-in so perhaps not as stout of a spring as I would imagine.
I thought to myself, I'm not sure if I know any numbers until I looked at my wall.
Aha. Wix 51111 is one of our discontinued filters as I understand it as a replacement for the KE5905.
For me, I don't wish to change partly because I'm stubborn and as I'm very lucky to have a round base casting so I wish for the original look.
Most of the base castings from 1929-on are flat on the sides but I happen to have a round base.

derwen1959
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Original oil filter v Currently available for UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Six 51111 equivalent is available no problem but
KE 5905 nothing , have you put correct number

derwen1959
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Original oil filter v Currently available for UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Should be wix not six

MnBoy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Original oil filter v Currently available for UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-derwen1959 wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:47:51 06/01/21) Should be wix not six

According to the WIX website, the 51111 filter has been discontinued. The replacement is 57511, which appears to be a "sock-type" filter. I am staying with the Henry Leasing canister-type for now.

derwen1959
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Original oil filter v Currently available for UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The make of equivalent filter is fleetguard

BMG1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: Original oil filter v Currently available for UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Fleetgaurd doesn't offer a direct replacement either. Their LF543 is also a sock filter.

Duey C
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Original oil filter v Currently available for UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I found a pic derwen! Yep, KE5905.
Thanks for checking over there.
In my tiny world, Henry Leasing will get a call from me also so it can be cataloged.
Thank you guys!

This post was edited by Duey C on 06/06/2021 at 10:54 pm.

Rich'sToys
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Original oil filter v Currently available for UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know none of us are a fan of the sock filter, and I'm not either. But I have to ask--Do they work, and is there a problem using them?
I don't understand why they discontinued the original style, but the other ones must work or they wouldn't be selling them.
Just asking for information only. My tractors have been converted to spin-ons, so I won't be using them. But just trying to learn something here.

Duey C
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Original oil filter v Currently available for UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For me Rich, I found a couple strands of cotton fiber were loose and pulled them from the inside tube.
I didn't like that nor want that in the oil galleys/galleries.
Do the sock-covered cotton waste filters work?
Oh yeah!
A friend with an internally dirty FTA/21-32 (403) used his sock filter until it plugged up and was all sucked-in kind of like a paper bag that ya blow up then suck it closed.
Very interesting!
Too bad they're not available from the store anymore tho as they were another option and fit perfectly.
Well, if you have the tall canister nut.

This post was edited by Duey C on 07/13/2021 at 10:20 pm.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters