Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Two cicadas flying side by side

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject: Two cicadas flying side by side Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Two cicadas flying side by side both crashed into the windshield of a car going 55. Guess what one cicada said to the other cicada?

Bet we don't have enough guts to do that again.

I have many cicada guts on my truck windshield.
Made me think how much it would hurt hitting a cicada while on a motorcycle.

Has that happened to anyone?
I hit a June bug once and it felt like I hit a rock.

bmack95hd
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Two cicadas flying side by side Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rode through a swarm of bees, yes got stung. Grasshoppers really mess up your shades. Hit a red tail hawk between Albuquerque and Socorro, NM. Almost crashed Jo and I.

charlie n
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Two cicadas flying side by side Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The last thing to go thru there heads was there butts!!!

BAnNC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Two cicadas flying side by side Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got hit by a bumble bee two times in the same trip. One stuck to my shirt. The other lost its mind and guts.
YES, it hurt pretty bad at 50 mph.

MARK ROBKE
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Two cicadas flying side by side Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Back in 1987- I hit a few that summer. Had a full face shield, and I kept it down during the invasion! In 2004 and this year we barely saw any where we live now, and we're just 44 miles south from where we were. Mark.

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Two cicadas flying side by side Reply to specific post Reply with quote

in 1976 i was in college in florida. i was coming down the 7 mile bridge ( the old one). at marathon and had a bumble bee fly in my helmet and started stinging me in the side of my face. i laid the bike down at the bottom of the bridge and tore my helmet off. it was a mess. whole side of my face all swollen, left eye swollen shut. not the best condition to ride back up to jensen beach.

Alvin 41
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Two cicadas flying side by side Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had a good friend who got a bee in helmet and crashed cycle. Broke his back and was in wheelchair for the last 52 years of his life.

Bob Harvey
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Two cicadas flying side by side Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was riding a 1964 BSA in northern Calif. in '64 on a return trip from Mexico when I lucked into a swarm of grasshoppers crossing the highway, I was at about 80+ mph. Boy Howdy !, road was slick, engine fins filled with bodies and overheated and I ended up with minor road rash on the side of the hwy. Hwy Patrol stopped by and took care of the situation - tow truck to nearest town (Oroville), where my cousin and her highway patrol (motorcycle - CHIPS) husband lived. Strange experience. True story.

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Two cicadas flying side by side Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Didn't see it happen, but a biker buddy told a story of catching a grass hopper in the inside crook of his elbow.

It penetrated the skin, required roadside pocket knife surgery to get the remains out!

Mike(NEOhio)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Two cicadas flying side by side Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't ride but met a guy once who said he swallowed a stink bug. Said he could taste it for a few days. EEWWW

Bill(Wis)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Two cicadas flying side by side Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I collided with a seagull with a Sikorski 30 passenger S61L helicopter while on final approach into Newark Airport. Put a big dent in the nose of the helicopter. One of our crews hit a seagull at night with a Boeing 25 passenger BV107 helicopter that came through the center windscreen, went between the pilots, through the cockpit door and landed in the lap of a passenger. What a mess. Broken plexiglass, feathers, guts and their contents. (;>))

Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Two cicadas flying side by side Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got a bumble bee center chest with no shirt on,it about knocked me off of the bike. I am sure it is online somewhere,a lady was being Life Flighted to St Louis MO for a heart transplant. A Mallard duck went half way through the windscreen of the helicopter. THere was a picture in the county paper where the duck was mounted half in and haf out of the cut out wind screen.

Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Two cicadas flying side by side Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I found the link,you have to take the quiz to read the story.
Untitled URL Link

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters