Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

T post extensions.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary Mitchell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject: T post extensions. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm replacing the woven wire around my tractor shop fence with 50 panels. The posts are now too short for the strand of barb wire on
top. Any ideas of how to make the posts 6 or 8 inches taller w/o pulling them up and redriving them? Thanks, gm

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: T post extensions. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cut #4 rebar into 10 inch pieces. Clamp and weld with a 2 overlap to extend each post. Jim

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: T post extensions. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Gary Mitchell wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:55:46 06/11/21) I'm replacing the woven wire around my tractor shop fence with 50 panels. The posts are now too short for the strand of barb wire on
top. Any ideas of how to make the posts 6 or 8 inches taller w/o pulling them up and redriving them? Thanks, gm
I have driven pieces of scrap orange pipe/plastic conduit, that telecom uses, over my posts, nice tight fit & free.

OregonAaron
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: T post extensions. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Old well pipe and a welder.

GordoSD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: T post extensions. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What is the purpose for the barb wire?

ChasK
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: T post extensions. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-GordoSD wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:39:10 06/11/21) What is the purpose for the barb wire?

Around my area, East IA, it's common to put a string of barb on top of panels for that added height when used in a cattle working situation. There's always that one that thinks it can make it over!

muleman51
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: T post extensions. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just put an electric wire inside the fence or from my experience they will just use the panels for a butt scratcher,they'll put a belly in every panel.

bc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: T post extensions. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-GordoSD wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:39:10 06/11/21) What is the purpose for the barb wire?

Wondering myself. I've used barb wire to help keep horses from reaching over but a strand of electric fence wire on top and one or two or three sticking out and spaced up and down helps keeps the animals away from the fence better. Horses will stand close to a fence and start bending/breaking the bottom sections of woven wire with their hooves. I made a temporary corral one time with some left over 3 feet tall wood snow fence. One horse standing next to it jumped right over from a standing start. Never would have thought he could do that. Maybe a roll of concertina wire would be a remedy for a few things (keep the Germans out).

Gary Mitchell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: T post extensions. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you all! gm

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters