Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

New Holland 469/479 Sickle (knife)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wctribs990
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:28 am    Post subject: New Holland 469/479 Sickle (knife) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good morning,

I run a New Holland 479 haybine and I recently came across a good deal from a guy selling 5 sickle bars for a very reasonable price. He told me they were for a New Holland 469 but he was sure they would work on the 479 also. I looked up part numbers and they are different (9623570 vs. 86518678). Hes far enough away that I want to be sure before driving that far. I couldnt find any info on anyone who has tried this. They are the same length, but Im not sure if they are the same width or use the same bushing. I know the two machines had different wobble boxes so Im just not sure about fit. Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

caterpillar guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: New Holland 469/479 Sickle (knife) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can you just change the drive ends on the bars and use them that way? At least you would have the spare sections if you can't use the bars.

Wctribs990
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: New Holland 469/479 Sickle (knife) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good call, I didnt think of that. That would be well worth it alone.

Handsome Devil
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: New Holland 469/479 Sickle (knife) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They for sure use different bushings on the drive end. Seems to me the 469 had a smaller bushing as I replaced mine fairly often. Would think changing the bar would work? I have a small pile of worn out used up 469 blades and a parts machine with all new guards and clips if your in Wi. Good luck.

hoghollow
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: New Holland 469/479 Sickle (knife) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

where in wisconsin are you located?

Handsome Devil
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: New Holland 469/479 Sickle (knife) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bonduel, Wi near Shawano {15 miles}. Sorry didn't see your question. My 469 is probably going to scrap yard as wobble box gave up and the machine is to me not worth fixing anymore? Regards, John.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters