Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

fan belt w d allis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
khouse6
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject: fan belt w d allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

was replacing the v belt on an add on power steering unit. seems like that the bottom radiator hose will have to be removed to change the fan belt and to re place the power steering pump belt.
you tube does not have a video.

need to look again.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: fan belt w d allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes if I remember right the hose has to at least come off at one end but to be sure I would have to go out and look

Aaron SEIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: fan belt w d allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yup, bottom hose needs to come off. Not one of their brighter ideas.
AaronSEIA

khouse6
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: fan belt w d allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Aaron SEIA wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:57:17 06/04/21) Yup, bottom hose needs to come off. Not one of their brighter ideas.
AaronSEIA

whew, thanks

khouse6
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: fan belt w d allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks

4wdtom
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: fan belt w d allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Or invest in a length of link-belt.

jimtrs
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: fan belt w d allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

khouse6 wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:24:11 06/03/21) was replacing the v belt on an add on power steering unit. seems like that the bottom radiator hose will have to be removed to change the fan belt and to re place the power steering pump belt.

Aaron SEIA wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:57:17 06/04/21) Yup, bottom hose needs to come off. Not one of their brighter ideas.
AaronSEIA

Yup, as said.
I think every one of us that has had to do this thought exactly the same thing. What were they thinking!

67Chevrolet
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: fan belt w d allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep, I recently replaced my fan belt and had to remove that hose also to get the new belt on. Before starting the job, I kept looking at it thinking, wow, theres no way Allis would design this this way, buy yes, they did. Just added another 30 minutes to the job to drain and refill coolant and fight that hose, it didnt want to cooperate at all. But thats what you have to do to change the belt.
Good luck, its not a bad job to do, it just adds time.

khouse6
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: fan belt w d allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-old wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:32:30 06/03/21) Yes if I remember right the hose has to at least come off at one end but to be sure I would have to go out and look

i have the top portion of the bottom hose loose. if i put a little pressure on this part, is there danger of breaking something , near the radiator?

(put some pressure on the hose to remove it from the block. )

Aaron SEIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: fan belt w d allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's all pretty solid. Honestly, it's only 2 bolts to take the radiator off. If you already have the sheet metal off, I'd just pop those 2 bolts and roll the bottom of the radiator forward. Depending on how far on the necks the hose is, you don't have enough room to slide it out of the way anyway.
AaronSEIA

khouse6
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: fan belt w d allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Aaron SEIA wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:52:12 06/13/21) It's all pretty solid. Honestly, it's only 2 bolts to take the radiator off. If you already have the sheet metal off, I'd just pop those 2 bolts and roll the bottom of the radiator forward. Depending on how far on the necks the hose is, you don't have enough room to slide it out of the way anyway.
AaronSEIA

great , thanks

khouse6
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: fan belt w d allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

khouse6 wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:46:51 06/13/21)
Aaron SEIA wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:52:12 06/13/21) It's all pretty solid. Honestly, it's only 2 bolts to take the radiator off. If you already have the sheet metal off, I'd just pop those 2 bolts and roll the bottom of the radiator forward. Depending on how far on the necks the hose is, you don't have enough room to slide it out of the way anyway.
AaronSEIA

great , thanks

aahhh that radiator has to be moved forward, in order to place belt between the radiator and pulley. whew.

khouse6
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: fan belt w d allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

loosened sheet metal. removed left hand radiator bolt. then radiator was moved twisted around and gave room to get belt on. quite a project. worst was getting hose a loose from block and radiator.

thanks

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: fan belt w d allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you think that was bad you should try to replace the belt on a Case 580B you have to pull the hyd pump off and to do so well you have to remove a lot of stuff to do that

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters