Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Rotor Clip

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LJS30
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Rotor Clip Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I found the issue and resolved it thankfully. I swear they were called rotor buttons but could be wrong.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: Rotor Clip Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Glad you got it resolved! It was looking more and more like a terminology problem.

Sean in PA
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: Rotor Clip Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LJS30 wrote:
(quoted from post at 02:01:14 06/15/21)
I found the issue and resolved it thankfully. I swear they were called rotor buttons but could be wrong.

The rotor is the rotor. The small metal contact on top of the rotor that contacts the center terminal on the inside of the distributor cap is sometimes referred to as the "button" by some folks (might be a regional thing), but I don't think it is the official name.

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Rotor Clip Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LJS30 wrote:

"
I found the issue and resolved it thankfully." What was resolution? How?

LJS30
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Rotor Clip Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sean in PA wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:09:57 06/15/21) [quote="LJS30"](quoted from post at 02:01:14 06/15/21)

The rotor is the rotor. The small metal contact on top of the rotor that contacts the center terminal on the inside of the distributor cap is sometimes referred to as the "button" by some folks (might be a regional thing), but I don't think it is the official name.[/quote]

I actually never called it that until the parts section of this website called it a "rotor button". Perhaps it's a Florida pan handle thing? It runs great now!!!

This post was edited by LJS30 on 06/15/2021 at 03:33 pm.

Jim.ME
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Rotor Clip Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LJS30 wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:15:35 06/15/21)
Sean in PA wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:09:57 06/15/21)
LJS30 wrote:

The rotor is the rotor. The small metal contact on top of the rotor that contacts the center terminal on the inside of the distributor cap is sometimes referred to as the "button" by some folks (might be a regional thing), but I don't think it is the official name.

I actually never called it that until the parts section of this website called it a "rotor button". Perhaps it's a Florida pan handle thing? It runs great now!!!

As asked before: What was the resolution to the problem? What you found and how you fixed it could help someone in the future. Pass it on to help everyone learn - just like folks tried to help you solve the problem, based on their experience.

LJS30
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Rotor Clip Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim.ME wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:44:21 06/15/21)
LJS30 wrote:
Sean in PA wrote:
LJS30 wrote:

As asked before: What was the resolution to the problem? What you found and how you fixed it could help someone in the future. Pass it on to help everyone learn - just like folks tried to help you solve the problem, based on their experience.

I am too embarassed to mention.

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Rotor Clip Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LJS30 wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:31:43 06/15/21)
Jim.ME wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:44:21 06/15/21)
LJS30 wrote:
Sean in PA wrote:
LJS30 wrote:

I am too embarassed to mention.
Live & learn. Sheet happens even to the best!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters