Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Be it ever so humble....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject: Be it ever so humble.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Puzzle: https://jigex.com/iP19

Richard G.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Be it ever so humble.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Neat and still being used.

Stroby
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: Be it ever so humble.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very neat, those building intrique me. I know they can't be as efficient on space, but there's just something about them....

super99
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Be it ever so humble.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's hard to find a corner to take a leak in!!

Kansasredneck
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Be it ever so humble.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Round is actually the most efficient. You have more internal space per foot of wall. That matters in cold climates.

muleman51
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: Be it ever so humble.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have always been fascinated by round barn, but can you imagine the expense of shingling that with wood shingles.

DaveBN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Be it ever so humble.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would think a round building would have less wind resistance than a
rectangle building or am I the only one that never thought of that
before?
Dave

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: Be it ever so humble.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Circular structures are robust. Shear load from wind has no flat surfaces to push on from any direction. The sheathing and siding can provide strength against the wind force (wind bracing) on the sides that are nearly parallel with the wind direction. Jim

old-9
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Be it ever so humble.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you ever have the chance to be in a round barn, look at the structure in the roof. Amazing to say the least.

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Be it ever so humble.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My ex wife's uncle designed and built several dome roof round buildings.

Some houses, a couple of big churches. I never got to go into one, but he would point them out around town.

I assume he was being truthful, hard to say. By that time of his life age and alcohol had taken a big toll.

Ellis Kinney
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Be it ever so humble.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Back in the 70's I was helping my college buddy put up square bales in a round barn east of Indianapolis, near Willow Branch. Burned into a MASSIVE beam was
barn builder (I forgot the name) 1842. Ellis

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Be it ever so humble.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-old-9 wrote:
(quoted from post at 05:57:02 06/16/21) If you ever have the chance to be in a round barn, look at the structure in the roof. Amazing to say the least.

Yes, truly amazing!
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=interior+of+round+barn+&iax=images&ia=images

RWT
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Be it ever so humble.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

May have overdone it. RT

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Be it ever so humble.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe a smidge, but looks much better than the original. Thanks!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters