Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

New to Cockshutt 560

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ParsonsRanch
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject: New to Cockshutt 560 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello everyone. My wife and I just a bought 10.5 acres with option to buy another 20 surrounding it soon. We are putting in the work to turn it into a small hobby farm. 10 cattle, 10 goats and 50 chickens on constant rotation.
So we inherited a Cockshutt 560 with the property. I has an quick attach loader and it is a power steer model thankfully. But what it doesn't have is a 3 point hitch. And I find the hydrualics slow.
Any suggestions on speeding up hydraulics? Where can I get a 3 point hitch as I would like to mount a snow blower on it. tips and tricks on these?

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: New to Cockshutt 560 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

better check your hyd. filter first thing. also if you want a 3 point hitch better look for a tractor that has one. them old cockshutts are
field tractors. plus no way you are going to raise 10 cattle on 10 acres. unless you have some place to produce the winter hay.

ParsonsRanch
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: New to Cockshutt 560 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-rustred wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:16:21 06/17/21) better check your hyd. filter first thing. also if you want a 3 point hitch better look for a tractor that has one. them old cockshutts are
field tractors. plus no way you are going to raise 10 cattle on 10 acres. unless you have some place to produce the winter hay.

Tanks for the info.
We are winter grassing with hay and feed and with the lease/ buy option of the other land we will have enough to do up to 10 cattle.

550Doug
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: New to Cockshutt 560 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ParsonsRanch wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:16:40 06/17/21) Hello everyone. My wife and I just a bought 10.5 acres with option to buy another 20 surrounding it soon. We are putting in the work to turn it into a small hobby farm. 10 cattle, 10 goats and 50 chickens on constant rotation.
So we inherited a Cockshutt 560 with the property. I has an quick attach loader and it is a power steer model thankfully. But what it doesn't have is a 3 point hitch. And I find the hydrualics slow.
Any suggestions on speeding up hydraulics? Where can I get a 3 point hitch as I would like to mount a snow blower on it. tips and tricks on these?

You'll need to find a parts tractor or a salvage yard with the 3pth. I believe the Cockshutt models 40, 50 and 570 all had the same 3pth system, but this is a 1950's light weight 3pth design compared to today's units. As mentioned, you could sell the Cockshutt 560 (maybe minus the loader) to a collector and then find a good used Ford 5000, Oliver 550, Oliver 1650, MF 165 etc for the 3pth.

J. Schwiebert
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: New to Cockshutt 560 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would keep the 560 and buy a second tractor with a 3 point and a bigger hydraulic pump for your loader. You are going to find a second tractor very handy!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters