Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

930 ck

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1974vette
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:10 pm    Post subject: 930 ck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 930 case comfort king with a wide front. The power steering squeels when the rpm is above 1000. The belt is new and tight and full of power steering fluid. Another gentleman stated that the ps pump needs to be rebuilt. The tractor has a loader and any weight in the bucket makes the power steering not work at all. Any suggestions?
Thanks. Joel

Roger Link
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 930 ck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Be sure the generator belts are tight, check to be sure the belts aren't glazed and the pulleys aren't wore out. This is a power assist system, not full hydrostatic, also check the spindles and thrust bearings for wore out parts.

John Saeli
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 930 ck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As Roger said, it is a Power Assist only system. The fact that the pump is squealing the belts is a sure sign the pump is in excellent shape. A new & snug P/S belt will actually make the 2 Fan Belts squeal if they are not snug. Also, they need to be a matched set as CASE sells. We will not sell aftermarket belts because of too many Fit issues.
Another thing is to be sure to NEVER turn the wheel sitting still. Tractor must be moving before trying to turn the wheel. Imagine the strain on everything when trying to turn the wheel sitting still.

Klyde
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 930 ck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

AND we might want to change the filter too!

Nedd
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 930 ck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bigger front tires help with the steering especially with loader. If they are 9.5x15 bump up to 10x16. Still looks fine and helps a lot.

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: 930 ck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The power steering on my 930 used to squeal like a pig , even when driving straight ahead when you throttled the engine up. Finally the steering pump gave up altogether. Put one on from a donor tractor, problem solved. Pump was shot. Not really the best tractors to have a loader on in my mind. Most around me have adjustable front ends, and not suited to the extra stress a loader will add. Maybe the standard front would be ok, just dont see 930 in standard format around my neck of the woods.

Lazy WP
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: 930 ck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 800 has a Farmhand loader on it, but has 11L-16 tires on. It will turn almost as nice as a newer tractor with hyrdrostatic steering. I would never attempt to use it on the loader without the big tires. As long as you are moving at all, you can turn the wheel with 1 finger.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters