Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

IH Planter ID

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiscomongo
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:33 am    Post subject: IH Planter ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cant find a model for this planter. Its looks as if the 3 point was added on. Ive never seen a planter with the flat ski type openers. The inside of the seed buckets say ih corn and beans. Also inside of the fertilizer buckets have IH numbers in the flow gate and drive gears. The fertilizer buckets need work and i found a new gear for the broken onebut still need the drive chain and flow gate doors. Im not sure what the model number is so i cant get a manual to order the parts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Lyn

Cmore
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: IH Planter ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a Model 251 to me. I have one buts its
factory 2 point.

formerly ny bill
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: IH Planter ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

agree

Farmboy 81
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: IH Planter ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's definitely a Mc Cormick model 251. They were offered in a 3 pt hitch or a fast hitch version. We had one with a single point fast hitch for the 100 and 140.

wiscomongo
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: IH Planter ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, im gonna try and find a manual now that i have a model. From what ive found the chain i need is #32 sdc, does that sound correct and any ideas where to get some in central Wisconsin? I tried US roller chain and they are out,everyone else wants alot of money and you have to buy a 10 ft roll. Thanks Mongo

wiscomongo
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: IH Planter ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks , Any idea on the skis on the openers? Im assuming they are for depth control?

Farmboy 81
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: IH Planter ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The sleds on the openers are to limit the depth in soft ground. Granddaddy bought the one we had new. I never saw it in operation but remember it distinctively under the shelter. They had switched to a new 4 row IH 56 planter when I was old enough to help and know what was going on. Probably will have to buy replacement chain by the 10 ft boxes. Normally how it comes here from farm parts supply stores.

wiscomongo
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: IH Planter ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks for the info. I figured they had to be for depth control. i did find a seller from MI that sells chain by the foot pretty reasonable.

34Case
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: IH Planter ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Cmore wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:43:14 06/21/21) Looks like a Model 251 to me. I have one buts its
factory 2 point.
Ive got one like it. Its a pull type so possibly older, The mech dosnt look the same, and what are those 2 hand wheels for?

LMack
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: IH Planter ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John Deere, Case IH, Massey, and many other dealers as well as Tractor Supply will have the chain.

wiscomongo
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: IH Planter ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LMack Thanks I did check with tractor supply and the IH dealer near me but you had to buy a whole roll and i only needed a short piece. I did find a guy on ebay selling by the foot, saved me alot of money.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters