Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Avery A rear fenders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
golfcartman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:03 am    Post subject: Avery A rear fenders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In search of Avery A rear fenders. What you got? Thanks

warbaby
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Avery A rear fenders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Geez, dont everybody answer at once!

How far are you from central Michigan? Im not sure what the connection between Louisville Kentucky and here was or who was our regional dealer for them, but there are still quite a few Averys -complete and incomplete- around here to this day that show up at local shows, swap meets or auctions.

To keep in mind as perhaps a last resort, I do have a pretty nasty set of fenders on an equally nasty B.F. Avery A tractor in the fence row here. I'll get a detailed assessment of their true condition and post a picture of them later today.

Here's a local FB ad for a early 1950's Moline B.F. with the later clamshell-type fenders...
Moline B.F.

warbaby
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Avery A rear fenders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Theyre kinda hard to see through the weeds, they are a bit rusty and lichen covered but I didnt see any rot through.

Theyre free if you come get them, or $10.oo removal/mosquito swatting/blood-loss fee if I gotta take them off, PLUS SHIPPING, whatever that is to wherever you are...

If you dont find any better ones, let me know!

golfcartman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Avery A rear fenders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the pictures. Those will prolly work fine. I am looking for these for a friend that dont do computers. We are in Central Ms. quiet a long way from you so I know he wont come get them. I will talk to him and see if he wants to get you to ship them. His tractor is kinda rough its self but no fenders. I will let you know prolly Monday . Thanks again Larry

warbaby
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Avery A rear fenders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK, I will take them off today and get some good, clear pictures of them so he can be certain they are up to snuff before he commits.

warbaby
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Avery A rear fenders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here they are cleaned up. There is a few holes in one near where the footrest bolts to them. They have a few dings along the rear bottom edge. The fenders weigh 14 lbs., the step is 3 lbs., and the angle-iron fender brackets are 14 ponds each! I think you could source and drill some local angle iron for cheaper than shipping these heavy brackets. The fenders are roughly 36 x 16 x 6 inches boxed up to ship. Email is open for more details or if you have questions...

golfcartman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Avery A rear fenders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Will talk to him Monday ,but I would think he will wont them. Think they will do fine.

golfcartman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Avery A rear fenders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It says you dont have email but I spoke with my friend and he would like to buy the fenders and the step. His tractor has the angle iron still on it. You can just use my address to send them.
Larry Driskell
106 Poinsettia Drive
Forest,Ms 39074
Let me know the total with freight and Ill send you the money.
Check, money order, or PayPal what ever works for you and thank you for
Answering our request. Larry

warbaby
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Avery A rear fenders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'll box them up and get them out today. Thats the only accurate way to know what the shipping is around here. When you get them and they are good, just send me back whatever it says on the shipping costs. I'll let you know tonight what that is

golfcartman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Avery A rear fenders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Ill get the money headed your way!!

warbaby
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Avery A rear fenders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They are on the way-Email me for the deets!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Lesser Known Classics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters