Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

quick pto attachments

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelly in tx
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject: quick pto attachments Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm 77 and having a VERY hard time attaching the round baler pto. It is dang hard to hold back the ring and push forward the pto shaft at the same time. I've seen some items for easy, quick attaching the pto. I think one is Pat's. It may be the original. It seems to have four connection pins. I saw another on YouTube which seemed to have many more. Any experience using any of these--easy? hard? Any knowledge of prices? Any knowledge of strongest, lightest, most durable, etc.? Thanks, kelly

kossuth
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: quick pto attachments Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those ring style couplers are a pain. With that said if its a standard 540 6 spline shaft I would be looking into replacing the end yoke that has the ring portion on it thats being a pain and replace it with a regular yoke with the traditional push pin.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: quick pto attachments Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I solved the hooking and unhooking problem by having a tractor dedicated to each implement,keep two hooked to balers at all times.My David Brown 780 probably hasn't been unhooked from the NH 256 rake 3 time in the last 20 years

Hay hay hay
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: quick pto attachments Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have 2 identical balers. One has the ring PTO, he other has a traditional push pin. The Push Pin is so much easier to hook up. The better
of the 2 balers has the ring, but I plan to have the PTO shafts switched. ring is a poor design in my opinion!

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: quick pto attachments Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is what I did, I found the old style thumb button yoke at a farm supply store, and put that on. Made a much nicer pto out of it than those oddball push forward and
push backward at the same time deals.

Paul

Mike(NEOhio)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: quick pto attachments Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 1207 had that one. The Ford 2000 didn't have enough clearance for the big plastic mushroom so I changed it to the old pushbutton style yoke. When I got my 1550 I though I could go back to it but it would not clear the PTO clutch housing.

DRussell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: quick pto attachments Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Agree, the best solution is to have a tractor for every implement and an implement for every job.

495man
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: quick pto attachments Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a push collar on a Weasler CV shaft, same deal, hard to hold collar in while pushing shaft on.

I replaced the whole shaft due to failure with a Bondio & Parvesi CV shaft and it is 100 times easier to attach, different style of push collar and far easier to align the splines.

I'd spend money on a entire new CV shaft before an add on thing geared more for compact tractor use.

flying belgian
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: quick pto attachments Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Them stupid rings. I got one on an auger. It helps before you back the tractor up to it, set shaft on a saw horse and empty a can of wd-40 on it while working it back and forth.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: quick pto attachments Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kelly, what is your birth date as I am also 77 sone to be 78 as I was borm on 9-11-43

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: quick pto attachments Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ditto!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters