Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Super M Pilot Bearing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darryl 2Ms
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject: Super M Pilot Bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey guys. Started tearing into my Super M trans. The pilot bearing on the mainshaft is VERY worn. The Case IH website has 3 choices for this bearing. Are they all different? Or same? My part number on the bearing is Bower MU-5205- CL. Does the new bearing come with an outer race too? I appreciate all the help i get here. You guys never fail me! Thanks Darryl

used red MN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Super M Pilot Bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is one recent post on this, back when I edited the post some how it wiped out my photo, of the Bower bearing M5205EL, which take the internal race MA5205. Which looks like the bearing posted by busboy.
Recent post

used red MN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Super M Pilot Bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is another older post that covers this as well.
Older post

FBH44
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Super M Pilot Bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just BTW, I was advisied by my old IHC mechanic who I bought my H from, to get the flywheel all lined up and give that pilot bearing one shot of grease the day after Christmas.

fastfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Super M Pilot Bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am doing an MD right now,and i got a old IHC parts book, and the former parts man wrote in there in ink pencil, for the 43 357 D,he said use 692150, i wander what brand ,or company that was ?

used red MN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Super M Pilot Bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

FBH, he is talking about an internal transmission bearing that ..pilots.. the trans main shaft or upper shaft into the back of the input shaft. Not the clutch pilot bearing. Number 72 in the link.
CNHI Super M trans diagram

CenTex Farmall
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Super M Pilot Bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

From aftermarket sources you typically buy the two halves separately. The rollers can be caged in the outer or the inner ring; doesn't matter which.

5205 is the basic metric size for that bearing and the prefix and suffix (based on the manufacturer) tell you if it's the ring or the rollers and if there is flanges or not. There are multiple configurations for roller bearings. Obviously one half has to have no flanges so that you can assemble the thing. Look online for PDF catalog from a specific bearing manufacturer and it will explain their naming system and product configuration. Bower is part of NTN now and I can't remember if they have a Bower catalog or if it will be in an NTN catalog.

Because of the standardized metric bearing standards and 5205 ball bearing will fit right in there. So will a double row ball bearing. Just for illustration purposes, you want the roller bearing in there as it has a higher load capacity.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters