Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Den N Ms

View previous topic :: View next topic  
L.B,
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject: Den N Ms Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Den I useta buy these for $100 $150 doll-um up and sell them. but buyers have thinned out and I just put a
few back 2 for the 43 War tractor. I think and its a guess any year with front mount dist will take one. You
can tell how old we are we think a Million $s is a lot of money ya get a new house,new Truck a new Hell Cat
for yourself and a 2004 Saturn for the wife...... Million gone lol L,B. Master of the Obvious

Den N Ms
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Den N Ms Reply to specific post Reply with quote

L.B,,Yeh,I also have one on my 43" war model.

L.B,
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Den N Ms Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Den thats the wrong color for a war tractor, mines the correct color camouflage.I never liked that front
mount dist, they should have all been mags. I really cussed the 1st front mount dist I worked on it took a
bit to do the points and so the next time I did it I removed the------------hood and radiator much easier to
get at it lol. I bet I aint the 1st guy to not do it on the kitchen table. The only problem with a mag I
never had one give me a hint it just went south now, and never while running just the next start up. Nice
looking project. L.B, Master of the obvious

W_B
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Den N Ms Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hate to tell you that you can remove the dizzy without all the gyrations of taking the hood and radiator off. Half inch wrench (IIRC), take off the wires and wiggle it out. Some remove the cap, might be easier but I've not done it that way. Make sure it goes back correctly before tightening it or you'll be replacing the housing you just cracked.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: Den N Ms Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Front mounts are something that rub my arse wrong... : ) Yes I know well how to work on them... I want to see it in action not on the table... I had rather put a brake light switch on a chebby truck at least its part set in the seat and lay down on the floor.

The viper alarm system makes for an interesting 4 1/2 hours of work. You have to disassemble the steering column are tackle all the add on wiring connections.

How many cheap arse N owners will pay me well for it...

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters