Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Digital Currency

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vicinalvictor
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject: Digital Currency Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Digital currency is money that is managed, stored and exchanged on a computer over the internet. Types of digital currencies include cryptocurrency, virtual currency and central bank digital currency. It can also be traced, tracked and controlled. Your thoughts?

Buddy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Digital Currency Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't like it.

jimg.allentown
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Digital Currency Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm just a bit confused as to what digital currency is.

It has no substance. You can't hold it in your hand. You can't put it in your wallet. It has no backing. How would you even prove ownership? How would you spend it?

Seems to be the textbook definition of vaporware. I'm not interested. I'll stick to just plain cash.

Loosehandle
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Digital Currency Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cash is still king in my world

Tony in SD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Digital Currency Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dont plan to use it. I still prefer & use cash as much as I can.

jal-SD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Digital Currency Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cash is still king in my book!

Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Digital Currency Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You Just described the dollar.

Stephen Newell
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Digital Currency Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My bank puts so much security on the online banking I can't access it. Have to spend an hour with customer service to reset user names and passwords where I can get in and two weeks later the user name and password isn't any good anymore. Therefore I've had to quit using the debit card so digital currency wouldn't work for me. I don't like the government monitoring my spending habits anyway. I use cash whenever possible.

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Digital Currency Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't want to pay anybody with my phone... but I imagine someday, we won't have a choice.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Digital Currency Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like so called having money in the bank which the bank doesn't have a fraction of the money that has been deposited in it.

Vicinalvictor
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Digital Currency Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Imagine going somewhere and losing your phone with no fiat currency available.

Vicinalvictor
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Digital Currency Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not all that familiar with digital currency either, but probably someday paper money won't exist anymore.

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: Digital Currency Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Credit Cards are King in my book.
I get a backup copy of my business expenses from CC statement.
CC are auto paid. Never in my lifetime have I had issues with a CC. Never paid a penny in late fees.
I plan to get a free Henry rifle from Rural King when I get enough rebate
money. Year to date, I have $100 in RK rebates. YTD about $300 in Bank America CC rebate. Won't be long, I'll get a free rifle by not using cash..

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Digital Currency Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cash does not leave a paper trail. Credit cards, debit cards, etc, etc. ALL leave a paper trail. That is why cash is king at gun shows.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters