Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

City police chase a man and woman on an ATV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject: City police chase a man and woman on an ATV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was working in pole barn when 2 times a guy and woman on an ATV went flying past the front of my pole barn chased by 4 City Police. He cut through my yard and neighbors yard to get to the next road north of my place. Twice the cops followed him in my yard. The chase lasted about an hour. I was tempted to connect my utility trailer to truck and put up a yard block.
I heard the cops getting close a third time. I had my phone out and was going to get a video. Somehow they got him.

This is unusual, county boys are told they can't chase a motorcycle or ATV. On two different occasions the same county boy chased an ATV and totaled 2 cop cars.
After that, the county boys were told not to pursue.
The city boys can chase after them.
The chase had to have began in the city. I'm 2 miles north of the city limits.

Neat chase. I thought Barney was retired.
ATV chas

300jk
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: City police chase a man and woman on an ATV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So I have been working in the city of Buffalo, Ny all summer on a road construction project. Very busy road in a not so nice part of the city. Apparently the mode of transportation for young males is regular 2 stroke dirt bikes. Up and down all day and law enforcement does nothing. No helmets obviously not registered. Riding wheelies for blocks. Cutting around traffic and just being idiots. I could really care less. I dont live there and their not bothering what Im doing. Just an observation. Out here in the country its the opposite. Law enforcement has no problem giving out a ticket if you shoot over to the neighbors in a 4 wheeler. Another thing that is popular in the city are regular bicycles outfitted with small 2 stroke engines. Same as the dirt bikes. No helmets, or anything else.

4520BW
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: City police chase a man and woman on an ATV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We had a low speed chase here last summer. There was over 10 cop cars following the guy in a truck that never got over 50 mph. He drove into a bean field and all the cops followed taking a differ path thru the field. The county ended up paying a good deal of money for the crops destroyed.

wore out
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: City police chase a man and woman on an ATV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

NOT sure why the lack of helmets would be an issue to you, makes it easier for Darwin to do his job!

dlbuck
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: City police chase a man and woman on an ATV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think the reason they drove by more than once was because, they where hoping you stop them and school them on investing, social security, gravel driveways, and Kroeger's gas cards.

4play
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: City police chase a man and woman on an ATV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wonder what he was doing to start the chase, all of his charges seem like offenses that he accumulated from the chase. Also strange to charge misdemeanor and felony resisting, maybe one of those was the initial incident

Pete in MD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: City police chase a man and woman on an ATV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ouch!

wore out
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: City police chase a man and woman on an ATV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-dlbuck wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:47:06 10/13/21) I think the reason they drove by more than once was because, they where hoping you stop them and school them on investing, social security, gravel driveways, and Kroeger's gas cards.

You may have something there! LOL!

redforlife
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: City police chase a man and woman on an ATV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm getting sick of ATV's, Side by Sides, golf carts, gators, etc., being on public roads and streets. There's getting to be so many of them around these days. And what I don't like, most of these rigs are only about half legal in regards to lights, turn signals, and stuff like that. And in my area, most operaters of these machines all have a beer in hand, hoggish with the road for on-coming traffic, and couldn't pass a sobriety test if they had to. But, - - - cops seem to leave them alone. Not sure why they shouldn't be subject to all roadway laws IF on public roadways, valid license, tags, insurance, lights, mirrors, the list goes on.
About 5 years ago, I wanted to convert a Beatle Bug, into a dune bug for roadway use. I chose not to, because I knew keeping it street legal would be to difficult, and the cops would bust my A$$ if I didn't. So It just irks me, these people are basicaly doing the same thing and cops just look the other way.

BillinCentralMO
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: City police chase a man and woman on an ATV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That and being a Happy Kamper instead of a hampered copper.

BillinCentralMO
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: City police chase a man and woman on an ATV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like they came through his yard rapidly together in a group , multiple times , So I think they were all in the same race.

JK-NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: City police chase a man and woman on an ATV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They have a lot of the same sort of trouble with dirt bikes and atv's in Syracuse. I think city police try to keep it under control but cant keep up.

bmack95hd
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: City police chase a man and woman on an ATV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Fine looking upstanding citizen, bet its not his first go around with law enforcement.

MarkB_MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: City police chase a man and woman on an ATV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In Detroit a few years back, a Michigan State Police trooper fired a taser at a kid on an ATV. The kid crashed into a car and died. The trooper was convicted of manslaughter, and the police no longer chase ATVs for minor offenses.
Trooper convicted in teens taser death

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters