Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

John Deere 730 leaking hydraulic oil

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBartman47
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:39 pm    Post subject: John Deere 730 leaking hydraulic oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 1959 John Deere 730 with a leak at the top link base. I can't tell how to take it apart. Any tips?

TheBartman47
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 730 leaking hydraulic oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I tried to attach a picture of it, but the forum blocks every attempt.

wore out
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 730 leaking hydraulic oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TheBartman47 wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:39:30 11/22/21) I have a 1959 John Deere 730 with a leak at the top link base. I can't tell how to take it apart. Any tips?

There's an oil seal to the left of the top link "rocker" deep down inside the rockshaft/PTO housing.

You'll have to take the seat, battery box, and rockshaft housing cover off for access to take the mechanism apart, and pull the load control shaft out of the rocker for access to the seal.

It's been over 30 years since I've been into one f those, that's all the help I can give.

Probably a good idea to have a service manual at hand before starting for complete details and any adjustments, etc..

TheBartman47
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 730 leaking hydraulic oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was afraid it was going to be something like that. I'll have to find some indoor place to work on it then.

Jim.ME
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 730 leaking hydraulic oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You generally need at least 5 posts on record before pictures will post, due to a site spam filter. And total size of pictures in a post should be 7 mb or less, be it one picture or the tally of several. So you will be able to add pictures when you have made a couple more posts.

TheBartman47
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 730 leaking hydraulic oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ok, I thought it might be something like that as well. I'll try posting a pic after this reply.

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 730 leaking hydraulic oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a free parts book on the JD web site

TheBartman47
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 730 leaking hydraulic oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I found the owner's manual to download, but the parts catalog wasn't free for download.

wore out
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 730 leaking hydraulic oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TheBartman47 wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:15:02 11/24/21) I found the owner's manual to download, but the parts catalog wasn't free for download.

You can access and print any of the parts catalog pages you may need for free, but not the who catalog at once.

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 730 leaking hydraulic oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TheBartman47 wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:15:02 11/24/21) I found the owner's manual to download, but the parts catalog wasn't free for download.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/navigation/equipment/58516/level/2/snp/NDczNjc6Q0hBUFRFUlsxMTU1OiNCVVNJTkVTU19SRUdJT04sNDgwMDojQ0FUQUxPRyw1ODUxNjpFUVVJUE1FTlRd

TheBartman47
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 730 leaking hydraulic oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's it! Thanks. I found the diagram where the oil seal is for the load control and dashpot assembly on page 256, part number for it on the next page. Hopefully the seal will be all that's needed and no other parts are worn.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Restoration and Repair Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters