Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

88 Crank Pulley Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerwin
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:49 pm    Post subject: 88 Crank Pulley Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A follow up question related to my earlier Char-Lynn PS post. To get a double pulley for my 88 to drive the Char-Lynn pump, do I have to find the add-on pulley sold with the Char-Lynn kit, which bolted on to the original pulley, or is there a later crank pulley with two grooves that will work?

The 880 parts book shows 106853A as a double pulley for an 880, but I didn't know if that would work on an 88? Thanks for the help!

TASO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 88 Crank Pulley Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not sure you can find the add-on pulley from a Char-Lynn kit unless you can locate an older Oliver model that had a kit installed in a salvage yard. I think you can put an Oliver double pulley on like the 880 parts book shows. You should check the AGCO parts lookup for an 88 or S88 too. Also, you can contact Larry Svehlak in Texas(512-633-5014) or Brian LaGesse in Bloomer, Wisconsin(714-579-4070). Both part out lots of Olivers and are super nice people to deal with and have a lot of knowledge. They may be able to help you. Brian has sold complete Char-Lynn kits in the past.

Tramway Guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 88 Crank Pulley Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Regular 88 also requires a spacer between the Char-Lynn pulley and crankshaft pulley to make the PS belt groove forward enough. I found that out in 1976 when I put a kit on my 88.

Supers and 880 did not require the spacer.

Kerwin
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: 88 Crank Pulley Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, I failed to mention in the original post that my 88 has a later crank pulley on it already, as it uses just a single narrow V-belt to drive the water pump and the generator. Belt tension is done at the generator and not by adjusting the crank pulley itself (like on an original 88 two-piece crank pulley). So at least I won't also need to find the spacer if I can locate a Char-Lynn pulley.

GermantownGreen
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: 88 Crank Pulley Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's some pics of our 88.
Bailey says the bolt his finger's on, has a slot that allows that pump bracket to pivot out and up. That tightens the belt. Same setup on that 880. Wes

Kerwin
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: 88 Crank Pulley Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks again for the photos and info.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters