Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Old Tin Cans

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rusty6
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:16 am    Post subject: Old Tin Cans Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've accumulated quite a few over the years and it seems some of them are worth a bit now. This one stack I've got.

mptaszynski
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Old Tin Cans Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Brings back memories of visiting my grandparent's farm almost a lifetime ago, a city kid running free with no worries! My Grandpa never had a shop, just an old shed with his tools.

55 50 Ron
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Old Tin Cans Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Rusty,

What is that container in the lower middle? Is that dirt or coffee grounds or ashes? That container looks like a
container my parents had which was called a coal pail for carrying briquettes or ashes.

An interesting collection. Have you accumulated all or did you inherit a smaller collection and add to it?

Ron

Philip d
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Old Tin Cans Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My father in law sold a bunch, you have a small fortune there
Rusty!

rusty6
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Old Tin Cans Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-55 50 Ron wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:23:37 01/14/22) Hi Rusty,

What is that container in the lower middle? Is that dirt or coffee grounds or ashes? That container looks like a
container my parents had which was called a coal pail for carrying briquettes or ashes.

An interesting collection. Have you accumulated all or did you inherit a smaller collection and add to it?

Ron

Ron, I thnk what you are seeing there is actually the lower clutch housing off the 53 Mercury parts car. I should have moved it for the photo. The tins were never intended as a collection but nobody ever threw much away here. Tobacco tins stored all manner of odds and ends. Bigger anti freeze or oil tins held bolts and nuts, etc. I've got some of the big five gallon BA and Esso oil pails. Shell, Co-op, probably plenty of others that escape me now. Guess I need to organize them all in one spot and start a tin can museum.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Old Tin Cans Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is that a summer kitchen, brooder house, cream separator shack, or?

I could post the same pic darn near, almost to the same rafters and similar content.

Neat.

Paul

dr sportster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Old Tin Cans Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very cool .I collect grease and oil cans .

DCM
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Old Tin Cans Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Speaking of old tins I've accumulated these over the years, probably 25+ years but as Rusty says we never threw much away on the farm so here are some results.

Philip d
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Old Tin Cans Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow very nice!

Eric in IL
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Old Tin Cans Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not sure how old this can is, but I'm guessing maybe from the 1960's.

37 chief
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Old Tin Cans Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I never collected cans, but have one Billy Beer can. I have a few old bottles I dug up years ago. One bottle says: The Great Swamp Root kidney, and
bladder cure. Stan

quefan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Old Tin Cans Reply to specific post Reply with quote

DCM, Very nice collection

quefan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Old Tin Cans Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very nice to see them in their natural setting.

sms
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Old Tin Cans Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I downsized, sold a bunch like that.
Automotive cans were popular, probably
still are.

Eric in IL
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Old Tin Cans Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I read that Dr. Kilmer had to shut down his swamp root operation in 1906. Quite a few of his bottles are still dug up in Illinois.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters