Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Guess winter weather is coming

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crsutton81
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:41 am    Post subject: Guess winter weather is coming Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We've had a decent warmer spell recently after the frost thaws in the mornings. Looking and listening to the forecast on tractor radio the last 2 days, it's sounding like we will be getting a mixed bag of winter precipitation on Sunday with high winds. It must be so as the DOT is getting the roads brined as hard as possible. I sure could live without any ice of sleet event.

Steve in VA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess winter weather is coming Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I saw YDOT spraying brine here in the valley this morning but, by forecast, we're 36 hours away from precipitation.

Richard G.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess winter weather is coming Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They were putting out brine yesterday here in NW SC.
I tried to drive to town where they had not just put it down.
I hate getting that stuff on my truck when it is still wet on the road.
I wish they did not use salt at all down here.

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess winter weather is coming Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My next 7 day forecast shows I'm above freezing in the day and below freezing at night.
The nasty stuff appears to be going around me. To the West, then To the south, they turning and heading to the Northeast.

4520BW
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess winter weather is coming Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like I may get some of it. Let's hope it passes. The state was busy putting brine on the highway, had to drive my new truck home thru it.

Jim in NC
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess winter weather is coming Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No heavy icing wanted here, but I think we are gonna be close to where it happens. Many Duke Energy crews are staging in Greensboro in preparation of the storm. 30 to 35 mph wind gusts are predicted on Sunday.

crsutton81
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess winter weather is coming Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We'll be ok as long as we do not have to knock the moth balls off of the generators. Ice and high wind sure ain't a good combo. Especially when the power can go out when a bird lands on the lines in good weather.

oldsarge
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess winter weather is coming Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Time to start tapping the maples?????????????????????????

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Guess winter weather is coming Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Power companies in my area of VA and East of me whee they had the big traffic tie up on I95 just finished getting the power back on from the storm 2 weeks ago,supposed to star here tomorrow.

Phil9N3667
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: Guess winter weather is coming Reply to specific post Reply with quote

VDOT has put brine on US 460 on my route to work. I'm going to get the generator up and running, got plenty of gas, so we should be OK.

BAnNC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Guess winter weather is coming Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Brine application has started here too. That stuff keeps down the possibility of ice forming before there is enough snow to work with. Works pretty well.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Guess winter weather is coming Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They started painting the roads white yesterday I just went to town most all roads have brine on them : ( Normally it turns into a rain event I am seeing cars around here with some slight rust issues because of the brine. I hope I don't have to drive my vehicles on that mess.

GRRRRRRRRR!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters