Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Wife packed her bags and left this morning

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crashfarmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:30 am    Post subject: Wife packed her bags and left this morning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wife packed her bags and left this morning, sure am going to miss her. Supposed to be a big snowstorm today and she has to work again at 6:00 am tomorrow so she's staying in town at our son's house tonight just in case we get snowed in out here on the farm. So far it's raining out here and the longer it keeps up the rain the less snow we'll get and that's fine with me. Hope the snow misses us all together.

Most of the schools around have called off school. People are prepared for a big one. I was supposed to drive a friend to the airport in Des Moines this morning but he got a ride up there last night as the storm was supposed to start earlier and earlier every time the weatherman came on. Better to be prepared for a big one and not get it than not prepare and get caught off guard.

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Wife packed her bags and left this morning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That IH Scout will get you through the snow ,,they are tough

miangus
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Wife packed her bags and left this morning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I hate rain to snow.

560Dennis
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Wife packed her bags and left this morning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Snowmobile all night

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Wife packed her bags and left this morning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here in my part of nw Iowa we have only snow, no rain. Maybe five or six inches so far and would you believe I don't mind it. We are are dryer than we want to be so we will take any moisture we can get. We have the van in town getting some work done on it. They called this noon to say it is done but I told them we will come get it Monday. I wouldn't mind driving it home in the snow but Marilyn has to take me there and she is a bit hesitant about going. She would be driving our brand new van so I don't blame her.

Crashfarmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Wife packed her bags and left this morning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-larry@stinescorner wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:15:23 01/14/22) That IH Scout will get you through the snow ,,they are tough

I believe it's time I got to work on the Scout.

Crashfarmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Wife packed her bags and left this morning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

fixerupper wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:58:33 01/14/22) Here in my part of nw Iowa we have only snow, no rain. Maybe five or six inches so far and would you believe I don't mind it. We are are dryer than we want to be so we will take any moisture we can get. We have the van in town getting some work done on it. They called this noon to say it is done but I told them we will come get it Monday. I wouldn't mind driving it home in the snow but Marilyn has to take me there and she is a bit hesitant about going. She would be driving our brand new van so I don't blame her.

Still 34 degrees and raining here in SW Iowa. Wife is staying in town, better to error on the side of caution. Just me, the dog and the cats out here on the farm. I don't have to go anywhere but I need to be here to keep the heat going and feed the livestock.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Wife packed her bags and left this morning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its good your son is there for her in town. When Marilyn was working in town she would stay with her sister if the weather was bad. Its nice to have family near by.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters