Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

19-105, loader

View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter j 1
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject: 19-105, loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have a 53 naa with a 19-105 fel, i need to replace the seals in the lift cylinders, does anyone have know if i have to take off the big end cap to get the seals out?

marloweg
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 19-105, loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

anytime you rebuild cyl's you have to take them apart

LarryMaine
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: 19-105, loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, you have to remove the glands. Best to remove cylinders from the FEL, drain the fluid as best you can, loosen the
glands end caps and take the whole cylinder assembly to a hydraulic shop. They will do a correct measurement of the
components and order the correct seals for you. These older ones generally do not have O rings, but have a grouping of
several V seals which have to be installed in the correct direction. Suggest you loosen the end caps before taking it
to the hydraulics shop as sometimes they balk at this work on the older cylinders. It sounds complicated, but people do
this every day with no issues.

peter j 1
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: 19-105, loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks for your help, the cap is the problem for me,( i am new to this and ) if i can ill include a pict of the cap but it appears to screw onto the cylinder, the seals are on the end held by a lock-washer (snap ring)behind the snap ring is the oil seal, then the gland, then a group of seals, all of which accessible without taking off the cap, so it appears to me, that's why i have the question, seems like a waste of time to take off the cap, when all the components are accessible from the front, there is a o ring on the end that connects to the cylinder its not leaking, but i am going to try to get the cap off, 4 foot wrench 8 foot pipe 83 year old vs the 3 inch cap, if the cap wins ill go to the machine shop, again thank you so much for your input

Jim.ME
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: 19-105, loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pull the snap ring and try it, what do you have to loose other than a bit of time if you can't get it?

peter j 1
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 19-105, loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

well I,m happy to report,the old man was successful the end cap holds all the seals including the oil seal,I will include the process in a later post,but item # 7 is made of aluminum and holds the oil seal, you have to remove the # 7 and get to the seals to replace them, it was the hardest item to get out you need a long punch and turn the cap over to knock the gland out it is soft so you have to be careful

Hdonly
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: 19-105, loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-peter j 1 wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:30:49 06/16/22) well I,m happy to report,the old man was successful the end cap holds all the seals including the oil seal,I will include the process in a later post,but item # 7 is made of aluminum and holds the oil seal, you have to remove the # 7 and get to the seals to replace them, it was the hardest item to get out you need a long punch and turn the cap over to knock the gland out it is soft so you have to be careful

I have the same loader on my Jubilee. My cylinders weep some. I may have to re-seal them. Where did you get the parts?

peter j 1
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: 19-105, loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Seal kit #309555
Loader #19 105 I got it on ebay the pictures do not look like the kit, there is a oil seal, the gland packing,(I think about 5 seals, not sure about that number i,m counting it as one ) and a o -ring a total of 3 pieces counting the gland packing as one piece. It will surprise you of how simple it is to reseal, I used a 23 inch pipe wrench from harbor freight, and a four foot 2 inch pipe,left the cap on and loosen the cap (I disconnected the hose, not sure if you have to do that less mess for sure)now the tricky part have a helper or tie the rod so it doesn't come all the way out and remove the cap, knock out the retainer from the other end of the cap it holds the oil seal, and the gland comes out in pieces, install in reverse order and the big o ring goes in the other end. It's really sweet hope you have a easy one like I did good lu

Hdonly
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: 19-105, loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters