Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

D17 transmission It finally happened.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:46 pm    Post subject: D17 transmission It finally happened. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was pulling last night with the D17 AC.
Diesel. Was second puller behind a slick
5 Star MM. 5000lb. No speed limit. I was
in 3rd gear. The 700cu. Plus 5 Star had
powered out. When I got near to where he
stopped the D17 jerked 4 or 5 times. And
made some loud bangs. And stopped. It did
back up enough to unhook. A few guys
pushed me out of the way. Waited till my
buddy pulled the same class. And he pulled
me all the way around the track to my
trailer with it growling and groaning.
With a IH 460 U. Luckly my guardian angel
had told me to bring a winch.

VicS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: D17 transmission It finally happened. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Believe it or not I got 3rd.

1206SWMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: D17 transmission It finally happened. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It looks like it did a nice job of taking out the teeth in 3rd gear..Isnt it 426 powered?

VicS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: D17 transmission It finally happened. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes it's a 426. Bored and stroked a little.

VicS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: D17 transmission It finally happened. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have another trans and diff. But I thought I might buy new gears. The top gear is $280. Available at this site. But the bottom gear is $2300. I was ready to spend up to a thousand. But not 2600. So used for me.

KFFarm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: D17 transmission It finally happened. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-VicS wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:28:55 08/01/22) I have another trans and diff. But I thought I might buy new gears. The top gear is $280. Available at this site. But the bottom gear is $2300. I was ready to spend up to a thousand. But not 2600. So used for me.

Check with Atlas Tractor

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters