Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Oliver Super 77 - School Me On Them

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill VA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:52 pm    Post subject: Oliver Super 77 - School Me On Them Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Window shopping...

Thinking about adding an Oliver Super 77 gasser to my fleet to go along with my 1958 Farmall 350.

Independent PTO and live hydraulics? Was a 3 point hitch ever offered from the factory?

Chores - raking hay, hustling kicker wagons, most any chore the 350 would do.

Any sage info and advice about the Super 77 is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Bill

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 77 - School Me On Them Reply to specific post Reply with quote

S77 is around 44hp independent live PTO and live hyds. No factory 3 point that I have ever heard of. It will work circles around that Farmall 350 you have. Years ago I had a Farmall 450 which is rated the same HP as the S88 is and my S88 worked circle around the 450. When the 450 would not handle a job the S88 just played with the same job and never looked back

J. Schwiebert
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 77 - School Me On Them Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes a 3 point was offered. It was called a Hydra-hitch. It should have a group 3 hydraulic. More questions, send me an e-mail.

RCP
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 77 - School Me On Them Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have a S-77 with an aftermarket 3 point hitch, I use the hitch on a 7' brushog. I need a stack of weights on the front for counterbalance. I usually use 3rd gear in high grass and it runs it with ease. If I used it more, I would add aftermarket power steering.

Ohio88
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 77 - School Me On Them Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There was a three point available on the super 77.

scootergmc
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 77 - School Me On Them Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There were two 3 points offered as optional equipment. A regular 3 point and a heavier "hydra hitch" 3 point.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 77 - School Me On Them Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There was 2 versions of Super 77. The gassers built before 1957 were 6 volt and had green wheels. There were a few other improvements made in 57 as well besides being 12 volt and red wheels, but the later improved Super 77 would be more desirable.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 77 - School Me On Them Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ran a 77 for years growing up,the best 3pt I've seen is the after market one sold by the old Central tractor can use either one or two cylinders.

ss55
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 77 - School Me On Them Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Super 77 is a very good mid-1950s tractor and was a direct market competitor to your Farmall 350. If it is in good condition it will handle the chore you listed very well. Steering could be heavy for kids unless it has power steering. Forget about finding a cheap 3 point hitch to fit one, the total cost could be similar to buying a tractor ten years newer with a real factory 3 point hitch. Two of the lowest cost tractors with a real factory three point hitch are Case 730 and 830 Comfort King, around 55 and 65 HP.

RCP
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 77 - School Me On Them Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There has been an add on our local FB marketplace for an aftermarket 3 point for $150, needs hydraulic cylinder and lift arms.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters