Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

IH 3200 B Skid Loader

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RickC67
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:21 am    Post subject: IH 3200 B Skid Loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm new to this....I purchased this old skid loader 1976 Model. All the hydraulics work fine except the bucket tilt. It seems to bogg engine down going in either direction. Fluid is up. Act like its deadheading. It does move in both directions just growling to do it. Could it be a bad cylinder on bucket. How do I tell.

Roger Tomfohrde
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: IH 3200 B Skid Loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Likely you are right. I would pull the pins on the bucket end and try to operate. It may be the bucket is stuck,-not likely but if you can get the pins out , you may see if one cylinder is stuck or
both. Sounds like something is binding.

RickC67
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: IH 3200 B Skid Loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Roger Tomfohrde wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:40:43 08/05/22) Likely you are right. I would pull the pins on the bucket end and try to operate. It may be the bucket is stuck,-not likely but if you can get the pins out , you may see if one cylinder is stuck or
both. Sounds like something is binding.

As it turns out if I push on the bucket tilt pedals gradually , it works fine.
So now I'm wondering about flow. No binding.

caterpillar guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 3200 B Skid Loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

with a bar try moving the bucket up or down. If it moves tighly the pins are binding. If it doesn't move the pins are stuck from most likely lack of grease in both cases. Like said if you can get the pins out on the bucket see if it moves freely. I would also consider the pins to the lift arms could be stiff causing the bucket to tilt hard. Try oiling the pins as somebody works the cylinders slowly. Work out the controls before doing so hand signals are known since the door has to be closed when working. If no better after oiling several times with used engine oil let soak over night during all of this then try getting the pins out or working the bucket some more. Oil will take a few days to work in and make much difference if it has not been greased regularly or has a lot of dirt packed in the joints.

geok
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 3200 B Skid Loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

May have in line orfice to restrict flow. Look for extra fittings on hydraulic lines. Are there any quick couplers?

Alvin 41
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 3200 B Skid Loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those were a pretty good skid loader , only one that had any kind of side to side suspension. I nteresting cog belt driven hydro pumps . WI engine on ours would burn a hole in an aluminum flat head if wasn't blown clean regularly.

RickC67
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 3200 B Skid Loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-geok wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:04:44 08/05/22) May have in line orfice to restrict flow. Look for extra fittings on hydraulic lines. Are there any quick couplers?

There are no quick disconnects

RickC67
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 3200 B Skid Loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks. I oiled all the joints today and worked the cylinders. Will let soak and try again tomorrow.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters