Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

need 2 pushrods for D 188 motor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marlin54
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:17 am    Post subject: need 2 pushrods for D 188 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

so I have 2 bent pushrods in my 580 ck with a diesel 188 motor? Anyone know whete to find them..so far no luck ...and does anyone have a part number as that wouold help ...thanks

Jim.ME
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: need 2 pushrods for D 188 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where have you checked? Call All States Ag Parts (YT's parent company), they can likely help you. Just web search All States Ag Parts and find a phone number for one of their locations near you. Contact John Saeli, he posts on the Case Forum here. Have you contacted your local Case construction equipment dealer? Wenger's of Myerstown?

The Case 530CK parts book is available online at MyCNHi US Store, or Messick's website. Here is a link to it.

https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/casece/light-equipment/loader-backhoes/naes49loa281constructionking/case-construction-king-wheel-tractor/cn/58D06496-EFBE-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6

It looks like the push rods for a 188D are part number G47079, but verify for yourself.

derwen1959
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: need 2 pushrods for D 188 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Reason pushrods are bent should be investigated first

AJ.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: need 2 pushrods for D 188 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As said above find out why they bent in the first place, was the timing out, did something break up in the cylinder that the valves hit, In my career I have straighten loads of push rods in all sorts of engines without any comeback, just straighten them cold on the anvil.
AJ

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: need 2 pushrods for D 188 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

pushrods bend when the valves are stuck once the engine has sat. look at tractor wreckers. maybe 430 tractor ?

Loosehandle
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: need 2 pushrods for D 188 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a unit just like that if you want it for parts in Wi

marlin54
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: need 2 pushrods for D 188 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So I have had 2 different places send me the 2 pushrods that in wanted ....the first ones was a place in Ohio and they came and way to big around and they had a cup on one end and ball on the other,and they were 1/2 too long , come to find out I be ones for a 261 International....then the second set just came in and they were the right size around and round on both ends but are 1/8 too long ? I know there is the rocker shaft adjustment and it will probably take all of it turned in to shorten it up to make the difference to use the longer one . so I hope yours is the correct ones as I would rather not try to make the other ones work. see picture attached

According to the Case online parts there is an early and late motor with the break for the D 188 Diesel motors at serial # 2734508 .
So I was told by someone that I think the early ones had the skinny pencil style injectors that are held in with 1 bolt and the later ones were larger like the size of a marker and had 2 bolts holding the injectors in. I am not sure but maybe this is the issue with the second 2 pushrods I was sent that is very close but 1/8th inch longer ? either way the best I can say is that my serial number I think is a 269k number which would be the early as mine also has the pencil style inectors. so if yours is the early then im sure they are right ones ...you can tell by 1 bolt holding the clamp on injector I think but serial number is best ... either way call me 330-690-5376 Marlin thanks

Jim.ME
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: need 2 pushrods for D 188 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

From a bit of research in the 580 Case parts catalog shows G47079 is a sub from A51545. The note below is in the description on the G47079 (sub from A51545) pushrod used in the 580C with the 207D.

From the parts books it looks like you have the older A51545 pushrods in your engine, which are about 1/8" shorter than the G47079 pushrods which are newer ones and the replacement for the ones you received. The ones that are a bigger diameter with the ball on one end and cup on the other may be from a 159 gas engine.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters