Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Deutz turbo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark20
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:28 am    Post subject: Deutz turbo Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Deutz 6006 that a currently pull with. I have a turbo off of a Cat C4.4 backhoe. I have to use a waste gate (15 psi) because the exhaust side of the turbo reduces down to 3/4 inch and I build to much boost and float the valves because I can't exhaust it fast enough. It's not a factory turbocharged motor,any idea of another turbo I should use. I was told a 5.9 cummins would be too big, can't find a factory Deutz turbo. I'm thinking of a 3.9 cummins turbo . Any suggestions?

MikeJM
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Deutz turbo Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That turbo is off a 4.4 liter Perkins. I have a similar one off a 4.4 JCB, still a Perkins, on a 239 Deere in a 3020 turn up making 115 hp with no smoke.

How much fuel do you have turned to it? A little more than stock I d say an HX30 off a 3.9, HY35 off automatic 5.9 dodge pickup might be a tad on the big side. Garret off of a Ford 7000 or 7700 might work well too.

mark20
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Deutz turbo Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm around 130 HP with spraying propane. The combo works well, at 15 psi. The pump fuel screw is turned all in, I'm getting all I can with very little smoke.I'm sending it out soon. Have you looked up into the exhaust inlet?. I was thinking I blew fire rings or something to make it pop. Super surprised to see how much it reduced inside

MikeJM
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Deutz turbo Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It s been a while, but yes I remember it is a small exhaust side.
If you have your pump worked over you might also want to think about bigger injectors too.

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Deutz turbo Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mark, if that has a Robert Bosch inline pump have you taken the cover off the front of the rack and removed the screw and washers it is a round cover that sticks out with two flats that take a 3/4 wrench. that will give more rack travel.

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Deutz turbo Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Double, sorry

This post was edited by mEl on 09/23/2022 at 07:38 am.

mark20
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Deutz turbo Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is a Bosch A pump, I'll look at that. Thanks

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters