Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

JD round balers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yooperwing
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject: JD round balers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Curious to the differences between a JD 330 round baler and a 447 JD round baler. Assume the newer one had dual twine arms wondering if any other changes. Thanks in advance

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: JD round balers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JD 447 could have electric or hyd controlled twine twine arms. 447 could have option of bale ramp to eliminate need of backing out of windrow to eject wrapped bale.

Yooperwing
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: JD round balers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank You Jim!!!

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: JD round balers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You're welcome.
My knowledge of JD rd balers that make the smaller bales is very limited as very few of those models were sold in my area.

MJMJ
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: JD round balers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a lot of differences between the 330 and 447. The 330 was one of the earliest round balers Deere made. If I recall it is a closed throat baler. If you are trying to decide between the two, the 447 is so much advanced the 330 shouldn t even be considered. I hope I never have to bale with a closed throat baler again.

Yooperwing
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: JD round balers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ha.thats funny.. had a 330 many years ago. Worked ok
but you didnt want to push it too hard. Made decent
bales for the most part. Made the circle. Retired a few
years ago, built a house, would like to make some hay
again. Saw a nice 447 for sale and wondered about it.
Thanks so much for your thoughts

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: JD round balers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

MJMJ wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:05:24 11/24/22) There is a lot of differences between the 330 and 447. The 330 was one of the earliest round balers Deere made. If I recall it is a closed throat baler. If you are trying to decide between the two, the 447 is so much advanced the 330 shouldn t even be considered. I hope I never have to bale with a closed throat baler again.

No offence intended but incorrect information posted creates incorrect rumors floating around.

JD to my knowledge only made 3 closed throat rd balers for new sales in N America & the models were 500,410 & 510.

JD 330 is an ""open throat"" model. Hay enters baler between lowest tailgate roller that belts pass around & steel starter roller. This open area is colored with green color in photo below.

MJMJ
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: JD round balers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, thats why I said If I recall, because I wasn t 100% positive. You are correct, it was the 510 I was thinking of. I really don t know how I confused the two.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: JD round balers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IMHO 447 doesn't have but a few improvements over a 330 which are totally unlike the first models with belt or belts utilized as a floor for bale to sit on while being formed & only springs for bale compression.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters