Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Looking for a specific 1970 1855 FWA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmynoww
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject: Looking for a specific 1970 1855 FWA Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello,
I am trying to track down a tractor my grandfather purchased new. I'm not trying to buy it back but I am curious to know its where abouts and if it is not too far, I would like to see it no matter it's condition. Purchased new in Bannister, MI in 1971 (1970 Model) where it lived until April of 1991. It was sold to a Gentleman who bought and Sold Equipment in the Owosso area. From there we don't know what happened to it. I contacted the guy who purchased it from our family but he does not remember anything about where it went. From what I was told, it was the only one originally shipped to Michigan from 1969-1971. It may be long gone or maybe sitting in a fence row someplace. You don't know if you don't ask right?

1970 Oliver 1855 FWA
S/N 221826

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a specific 1970 1855 FWA Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have you called Bruce or Shawn at Hoffetbert's? They would be the dealer that sold it. Maybe there's an off chance that they sold
some parts for it and might know where it is. I know they kept track of a 1650 FWA, got it back and restored it.

scootergmc
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a specific 1970 1855 FWA Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Since you're shooting in the dark, I would reach out to Chad Prissel @ https://www.tractor-dr.com/. I know he travels USA/Canada looking for interesting Oliver/White/Cockshutt/MM tractors and has had more than a few FWA go through his yard. I don't know of his record keeping, but there's a chance he may know where you tractor is, or knows where it once was. He's fairly close to you and I know he's come out to CA to retrieve tractors so visiting a neighboring state is a given. Good luck.

This post was edited by scootergmc on 11/30/2022 at 07:36 am.

scootergmc
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a specific 1970 1855 FWA Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Long shot too, but you could also try contacting Chris Losey. He's in Eaton Rapids and I believe his family ran a dealership. He has a great youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm15-rWp4Sk

jimmynoww
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a specific 1970 1855 FWA Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, actually Shawn was the one who gave me the original owners card they still had for the tractor yesterday. When it left Bannister it left. it hasn t been seen by them or us since. Even if I never find it, having the owners card with my grandpas name on it is pretty cool.

jimmynoww
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a specific 1970 1855 FWA Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have spoke to Chris a little on the Oliver page on FB. He chimes in on my ISO post on there.

jimmynoww
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a specific 1970 1855 FWA Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you for the info. I will give it a shot and see if he has any info.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters