Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Moldboard plow shins

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skip1672
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject: Moldboard plow shins Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anyone know the make of this plow so i can order some parts to possibly rebuild this plow.

This post was edited by Skip1672 on 11/29/2022 at 12:58 pm.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Moldboard plow shins Reply to specific post Reply with quote

And perhaps new lays, if the front hole is even left yet on the back! Yikes.

Paul

Skip1672
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Moldboard plow shins Reply to specific post Reply with quote

that too, but is it a Massey plow?

Scott 730
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Moldboard plow shins Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How does one wear a plow share like that??? Shocked Shocked Running waaaaay out of level?

( What are these "lays" you speak of?? Have never seen one in a parts book yet.)

This post was edited by Scott 730 on 11/29/2022 at 12:44 pm.

Skip1672
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Moldboard plow shins Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This plow came with 4 other implements that i picked up over the weekend and new it was in bad shape but it was a package deal. Was hooing to rebuild it if i knew what brand and model it was. I think its a Massey Ferguson but not sure of the model.

caterpillar guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Moldboard plow shins Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pull the old parts off and the numbers should be on the back side of them then search those numbers or lok at an Osmundson dealer for parts.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Moldboard plow shins Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gonna need the complete frog for both bottoms...not worth fixing unless you can find two complete bottoms from a different plow.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Moldboard plow shins Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What is the width of cut perr bottom? It looks like a 14 or 16 inch cut ber bottom but thos moldboards look like skotch bottoms that are all I have heard of being 10 inch cut bottoms and a 10 bottom will only work on a 10 inch frame. And most scotch bottom plows were sold in Canada as I understand things. Does look like a Ferguson plow but with wrong bottoms.

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Moldboard plow shins Reply to specific post Reply with quote

holy smokey, that guy had no clue how to plow! had to be the ground level. looks like he stuck the point in and then giver.

J.Wondergem
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Moldboard plow shins Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow, I've seen some wore out plows before, but not like that. Looks like someone welded spring leaves on it and wore those out and still finished 500 more acres.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Moldboard plow shins Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dad would heat and bend down the peaks on the 2-16 and 3-26 trip plows we used so they would still suck in when the lays were wore out. We can have hard clay if its
ever dry here, a wore lay wont pull down into the ground.

And he did weld in, actually brazed in, some patches when the bottom would wear out right next to the shin. And I saw some thin shins on his plows.

He was quite a miser and got every nickel out of things.

But, never saw one wore down that low!

Have to admit I just changed the tips on my chisel plow, 2 of them were wearing into the frog as well the other 7 were worn down used up.....

Paul

BonaparteSouth
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Moldboard plow shins Reply to specific post Reply with quote

possible a ford dearborn

BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Moldboard plow shins Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That plow needs a LOT more than shins. Hopefully you did not pay much for it. It's too far gone for my tastes, that's for sure. I would be looking for another plow.

Only thing that might have enough left of it to have numbers on it looks to be the moldboard. If you can get any information off it, that would be the best bet to find out what it is for sure.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters