Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Farmall pulling tractor advice b-h

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reed b
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:27 pm    Post subject: Farmall pulling tractor advice b-h Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So Im wanting to build my first pulling tractor wanna stick to 3500-3750-4000 depending on the event I have a restored b from my grandpa or a chance to get a h from a friend I know the h has a advantage with rear tire size but there wont be much movable weight would it be better to do a c-153 combine Motor with bigger tires and be able to move more weight around to balance the b or go with the h at the 4500 class there is some really hopped up tractors that are running road gear in the non mph events so wanna stay under that weight thanks

FarmHills53565
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall pulling tractor advice b-h Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It depends on your rules. A Farmall B & H Typically are light on cid to run against the allis WC-D17.

535353m
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall pulling tractor advice b-h Reply to specific post Reply with quote

An H, properly done will compete with most in the slower 3500 # classes with ease, but big bore, stroke is needed,the right cab,timing and some carb work, 85-90 HP for sure. My friend's H has been on top in the 6500 # classes in the past with 18.4 x 38 tires, and has surprised many people that laughed before he pulled. LOL

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall pulling tractor advice b-h Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bs pull in 2500 or 3000.

VicS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall pulling tractor advice b-h Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Get the H. 38 in tires.

Reed b
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall pulling tractor advice b-h Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was thinking the h with a c175 and some head and carb work to start then maybe a bigger bore and stroked in the future also thought about doing a Allis wc or wd my neighbor has a farm implement place with a bunch of project tractors around as well

Reed b
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall pulling tractor advice b-h Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anyone have any ideas on a mild stroker crank for it to run in the 175 bore

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall pulling tractor advice b-h Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just one thing to think about> From what I have seen at pull I worked for years. The wider treads will spin out faster than narrow treads These are antique pulls but I would thing the wider on any make will spin out faster, take say the H and put wheels in narrow tread position and then just move to a wider tread position the wider will get stoped before the narrow position. A Farmal B is a wide tractor, Made to cultivate 2 40 inch rows, the BN is more normal tread

Lady In Red
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall pulling tractor advice b-h Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As and Bs are pretty goofy, short, small tires if you re set on the small classes build a strong C or a light H

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters