Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Case SC dis-assembly ?s

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tractor Wrencher
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Case SC dis-assembly ?s Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello, I am presently dismantling a Case SC and have two questions. I am taking off the rear PTO assembly and the shaft appears to go through to the main gear box under the steering box/shifter assembly. This shaft has a large gear on it there and I can not get that gear off. Does it come off and if so, how do i do it?

I am also taking the engine off the and i have it separated, but there appears to be something just past the pressure plate/clutch that is preventing me from pulling it forward? If you need photos let me know. Thanks,

John

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Case SC dis-assembly ?s Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The SC is very similar to the D series and the pto shaft is retained in the front by a castle nut that is removed after removing a cap in the bell housing, The tractor should split but you mast take the linkage off the lever so the shaft is free to rotate off the clutch fork. You can remove the Pressure plate bolts and split it then remove the parts once split. mEl

Tractor Wrencher
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Case SC dis-assembly ?s Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mEL,
Please excuse my ignorance on this. "the linkage must be free to rotate the shaft off the clutch fork." I can see the fork but am not sure how how to get the fork loose. I can see two bolts, one on top and one below on the shaft that hold a collar on it. I was able to get the top bolt off, but not the bottom. Am I on the right track here by taking off the bolts?

If I am totally off here, please call me at 269 217 7159, i would appreciate it.

John

Patsdeere
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Case SC dis-assembly ?s Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just got done doing this and I think you're making it a little too hard.

The linkage I think he is talking about is the linkage from the clutch pedal/handle. I found it easier to just take the arm (that holds the pad that goes against the belt drum) off the shaft that comes out of the side of the case/casting. Essentially you want the clutch fork to have as much free travel as possible so that it will release the throw out bearing. After disconnecting the linkage it should come apart without too much problem. If you still have problems unbolt the pressure plate and take it out after pulling the engine away.

I found it easier with 2 people and 2 pry bars to get it to come out.

Enjoy!

Tractor Wrencher
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Case SC dis-assembly ?s Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are right, I am probably making this harder than it is. I usually over think it the first time i work on a particular model. I will take off that clutch lever and see if i can free up the throwout bearing. I have another question, the pulley assembly; does that slide out or does just the pulley actually come off? I loosened the bolts but it does not appear to be coming off the gear inside the gear box. any ideas?

John

Tractor Wrencher
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Case SC dis-assembly ?s Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I figured it out. I would have normally removed the lever and rod. But, they welded it together. I am out of oxygen, but once i get some , i will cut off the lever and go from there. Thanks for your patience.

John

Tractor Wrencher
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Case SC dis-assembly ?s Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I cut off the offending handle and the engine practically fell off.

Thanks for the advice everyone.!!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters