Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

carb question?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim in Tenn.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: carb question? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a marvel sheibler carb that I can't get the needle valve to seat. Is their a trick to seat it on instalation. The float is set right. I'm useing a TISCO kit, with the cheap rubber tip needle. I shut the gas off , but sometimes I forget and the air cleaner hose is full of gas.

CENTAUR

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: carb question? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you have got the seat tight then take out the new seat and put the old one back in if it looks good and not rusty.I assume your float is bouyant. CENTAUR

Bob

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: carb question? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How's a BRASS seat gonna get rusty???

gshadel

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: carb question? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tim, chances are you will not get a good 100% long term seal on that needle valve. That valve was intended to control fuel level in your carb bowl, not to be a fuel shut-off. You gravity flow fuel sys. provides pressure against that needle valve all the time. Nature of the beast, which is why you have that gas shut-off valve on the tank.
You can fiddle with the carb some more, but you may never get a long term 100% shut-off. I used to get good shut-off from the needle valve before I rebuilt it. I took out a solid brass needle valve and installed the new seat & rubber tipped needle valve pin that comes in kits now days... now I get leakage & have to close my shut-off valve. I wish I had kept that old brass needle valve!

George

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters