Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

cannot afford that

View previous topic :: View next topic  
newmmfan

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: cannot afford that Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well thanks everybody for the info on collecting MM. I can see after my research that I cannot afford a UDLX, maybe sometime. What would be something a starter collector could buy for maybe up to $3000-$4000 and still use it here on the " Hobby Farm ". I think the bright yellow MM's are so sharp ! and they sound like a dozer coming at you ! any ideas ?

schrocky

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: cannot afford that Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey, caught ya there just before leaving the site. Thanks for calling me about the auction. There are lots of nice MM 's that can be bought in your price range I am sure. I would look into buying something built in the early to mid 60's. To get into the Industrial yellow you refered to you need to buy M6 series, U302, G1000, G900, G706,G705,G707 type tractors. M6, Jet Star 3, U302 are all purpose and can be hauled to shows etc pretty easy. Guys if you have any ideas jump in here and help this guy. See you in June

Clint Youse MO

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: cannot afford that Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Any of the common tractors can be bought for that UTS or UTU even M5's these are usually even cheaper than your price range depends on what you want to do on your "hobby farm" tell us your needs can suggest a tractor to meet your needs lots of tractors should fall into that price range. If you are just starting collecting I suggest a more common tractor they are easier to get parts for.

Clint

ted regentin`

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: cannot afford that Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would suggest anything in the 335 or 445 series. Generally one can be found with power steering and three point hitch. Parts arn't a problem, and 1959 was the last year so I would think they will maintain or increase in value. Mine works very well for disking and snow removal. Just my two cents worth.

Moline_guy

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: cannot afford that Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The G1000 were good tractors and fairly easy to work on, and would be in your price range, one thing to watch for when buying a diesel model is to check the radiator while it is running and cool by holding your palm over the opening with the cap off, if it has compression might be a sign of cracked head. Other than that they don't have a lot of issues, good luck whatever you decide to buy, and post a picture when you find one, take care.

newmmfan

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: cannot afford that Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow thanks for all the replies, I do want a 3 pt and live PTO and I do like the Brown belly tractors with the school bus yellow colors. Does that narrow it down too much ? HP would be enough to run a 6-8ft bush hog and I want something I can haul behind a pickup truck to shows.Do you support buying at an auction or am I better off buying from a dealer or individual ? You guys are great and Thanks again.

schrocky

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: cannot afford that Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Knowing all that narrows you down a little more. Jet Star 3(which maybe all yellow somebody help here please),M602,Early M670,Early G1000 , now remember it may not be right but you can paint them anyway you want...it is yours !

Clint YOuse MO

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: cannot afford that Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would recommend an M5 4 star M670 M602 U302 Jet Star all of these would do what you are talking about if you are going to be brushhogging i would also suggest a wide front these tractors will all weigh in the 5500 to 7500 pound range easily hauled behind a pick up I buy at auctions just make sure to check out everyhting you can before you buy.

Clint

Mopower

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: cannot afford that Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On a hobby farm I'd say find a Jet Star. Even better if you find a Jet Star 3 Super. Small, handy, and powerful!!! If you need more power, a 5-star through M670 Super are all neat. I play with the oldies though.

Fancy Farm

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: cannot afford that Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Go to Aumanauctions.com look at the Robert Elliot estate auction and you can locate any of the above (except the ULDX) from the GVI down.

Rexalot

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: cannot afford that Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Our Jetstar 3 super is all yellow (with the black and white striping)

tplanefun

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: cannot afford that Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a jetstar 3 plain/econo (5 speed no T/A). I use if just for what you want to do. It is a 1965 with the brown engine/ belly and yellow sheet metal. The 206 engine was used in alot of MM"s so parts are not to hard to come by. There are alot of jet stars, 445"s & 4 stars around in good shape. Good luck

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters