Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Allis plow????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
old

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Allis plow???? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well I have a 2 bottom allis plow I have been tring to mount to a WD I have. Its not a snap coupler type but a pin type mount. Do any of you have a picture or 2 of how it should mount?? I think I have it mounted so it will work but not 100% sure. I need pictures of both the area on the lift arms and the center mount under the belly of the tractor.
Thanks

tractormiallis

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis plow???? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If your plow is like the 2 bottom WD plow in the Implement pictures, this is how you mount it. I have one just like the one in the photo. Pull the pins under the tractor so the drawbar will raise/lower all the way. Back tractor up having someone hold the drawbar to guide it into the pin hole and put the pin through your drawbar. Now connect the lift links on plow to tractor lift arms. Then put the pin through on the plow pull bar, which when under the mid section of drawbar on tractor will be put through on top of the drawbar.

Butch(OH)

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: Allis plow???? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

And if you do indeed have a drawbar mount plow as just discribed dont forget to remove the PTO shaft and rear bearing or you will be straightening it out next time you want to use it.

tractormiallis

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Allis plow???? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, remove the PTO shaft so the plow can raise up all the way.

Ron Hart

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis plow???? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't forget to set the drawbar to the shortest position.
lol Ron

old

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Allis plow???? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This plow is a mounted type, the draw bar has to be removed to mount it. It then pins to the same place/area as the draw bar does under the belly and hooks in the back to the lift arms.

chalmersbob

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis plow???? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

its very simple. you run the tongue in to the front bracket, install the pin. then slide the rear lift mounts on the rockshaft lift arms and tighten them down. should be ready to go.
Bob

old

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis plow???? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have it hooked up now, may not be 100% correct but it does work. But it doesn't plow as deep as I would like but since its only for wild life plot it should be ok.

BushogPapa

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis plow???? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you familliar with the "Snap-Coupler" on the WD-45..??
Do you know why they changed to it..??

"If" you must use the old style "Pin type" WD drawbar set-up..be SURE it can NEVER get out by accident..for ANY Reason...
I would suggest at least changing over to the Break-away couplers on the lift arms..
IF the front pin should come out or break, at least the Break-aways will drop the plow, before you are Wearing the plow for a HAT...
They are easy to find and not pricey, either..
Just my humble opinion...for YOUR Safety..!!

Ron.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters