Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

WC motor fit in WD-45?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis near Emporia KS

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: WC motor fit in WD-45? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just need to be sure, will the motor out of a WC fit into a WD-45? Also will the narrow front in the WC fit in place of the front end of the 45? I had a serious moment of oldtimers this past winter and cracked the block and blew out the radiator. I have a good 4 bolt wide front on the 45, but would prefer the narrow for storage space, if they would interchange. I found a WC that has a strong motor for a very reasonable price. Thanks Dennis

Jerry Coulter

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: WC motor fit in WD-45? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The engine will fit right in. You may want to swap the governor spring to get the increased RPM on the WD. The front end will swap OK, just be aware that the WC has a lower steering gear ratio.

old

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: WC motor fit in WD-45? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep the engine will bolt right in with no problems. I learned that when I replaced the engine in my WC Speed patrol and found that the engine in it was a WD45 engine not a WC/WD engine. I still have the old engine laying in my shop. It still ran when I pulled it but was weak and had low oil pressure

Kip[UT]

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: WC motor fit in WD-45? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The head, manifold, bigger carb, & distributor ignition on the 45 will all bolt on to the WC shortblock & if you get ambitious sometime, the 45 crankshaft, sleeves, & pistons will all go right in the older block to take you back to 226 cid. Kip

JOHN HARMON

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: WC motor fit in WD-45? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I took the Motor out of an old hard to steer WD and put it into a WD45 D Chassis. Went right in and no problems. Used the WD Hood and the WD Radiator. The WD45 D chassis was a good one with Power Steering but the Diesel engine went away one day ,so the swap was done. When I sold it some lookers right away found the inspection Plate on the side of the Motor and took a walk with out even finding out what I wanted for it.Sold it in 1971 for $250.00 and it would do a days work in any ones Field.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters