Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Case 800

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas Denny

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Case 800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Case 800 that has a few hours on a rebuilt engine. Tires are about 50% and it looks good. I've been trying to sell it in the Austin, TX area for $2400 with no success. Am I asking too much for it? Do you suspect the hard sell is because of the Case-O-Matic?
Thanks,

shawnspeed3

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Case 800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know about Texas but in michigan you would be hard pressed to get that.....seems people don't appreciate a deal when they see one.... ran across a 400 case gas with the A251 engine a year ago ran great started right up , no smoke ,was a little rough from setting out but , he was only asking 1200 for it and I don't think he ever sold it...have seen them bring 900-1500 at local auctions in good usable condition, not mechanics specials, drive it home and use it specials ....I am guessing it is a gas tractor as the diesels sell a little easier...and a little higher in price. I bought my 730 CK for 1800 7 years ago and just recintly did a overhaul and I will probrbly own it till I die , cause the parts and labor were way more than the tractor is worth in the current market, I am guessing you are in the same boat....use it and enjoy they are great tractors for the money!! Shawn

Texas Denny

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have me pegged right. I bought it for $1750 and then rebuilt the engine. I think you are right. If I sell it, it will probably be at a loss. I don't really want to keep it because I have 14 tractors. The 800 is one of them that I rarely ever use. I've got so many other things going on that I can't take care of them like I should. Some have got to go so that the rest can share what little available time that I have.

old

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nothing seems to be selling right now. I have a Case 800 that I have had on the market for 2 or 3 years now and only asking $1200 for it. Runs very good and starts in all weather so fast it makes you almost jump. With gas priced like it is and all I think no one is wanting to buy much because they can't afford to drive any place to get a good deal

TexasWren

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Case 800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I saw your ad (in Leander?), and I was very interested. The fact that it's a COM is a plus, not a minus, for me. The narrow front is a big minus, though. Apart from currently being broke and paying off debts, I just don't have much interest in a narrow front. I disagree with your assertion that it would make a great loader tractor. That's just too dangerous with a narrow front. It's a beautiful tractor, though.

Texas Denny

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a loader tractor with wide front. I sold it because the tires were always outside of the bucket swipe making it hard to a clean job. I bought one with a narrow front and I am now convinced. Loading is much easier if the front wheels are inside the width of the bucket - much, much better. On wide front tractors, if the bucket is wide enough, the steering and frame can't take the stress of the large bucket. As far as the additional safety with the wide front, it is minimal and only a concern with an inexperienced operator. A good operator can handle the narrow front easily and with more dexterity and speed. For me, a narrow front on a loader is the only way to go. I base my choice on experience with both. If the operator drives around with the bucket up in the air, he is doomed with either front end. If he keeps the bucket close to the ground until he is ready to dump, he is safe with either.

TexasWren

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I live on a hillside, and mostly what I need a loader for is moving hay. With my 830 having 23.5" tires, it has a footprint almost 8 feet wide, and just mowing can still get scary. With the pivot on the front axle, though, having a wide front probably won't do a thing to stop it tipping over if a rear tire lifts. Your observations give me something to think about, to be sure.

Texas Denny

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have hills as well. I just keep track of where I am and act accordingly. I have both wide front and narrow front tractors. I do most of my work with narrow front tractors because they are so maneuverable.

The myth has been born that a wide front will prevent tip overs. In fact, they do very little to help until after one of the rear wheels leaves the ground. It may be too late, then, because the help is too small. I believe in a very healthy fear of dangerous situations - they present themselves all too often in this business.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters