Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

JD 8300 grain drill questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: JD 8300 grain drill questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just purchased an 8300 John Deere grain drill from an elderly farmer. He hasn't used it in years and could not remember much about it. I need a parts and user's manual. Anyone know where I might find these, other than ebay (none listed at this time)? Also, does anyone have any idea what years these were made? This one has single disks, is 12'wide (14' wide including tires), does not have press wheels. Thanks for any help.

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: JD 8300 grain drill questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Call Deere Techpubs @ 1-800-522-7448, with credit card in hand, and they'll fix you right up.

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: JD 8300 grain drill questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

At jdparts.com click on parts catalogs and you can view it online not having to buy it. Manuals at http://techpubs.deere.com

Farm with Scrap Iron
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: JD 8300 grain drill questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's an end wheel drill and didn't come with press wheels. I pull coil packers behind my JD 12' end wheel which seem to do a reasonable job.
Check out this ebay item. It might be what you're looking for.

HTH.

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: JD 8300 grain drill questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for all of the replys. Does anyone know if you can purchase replacement parts for the 8300 from anywhere other than Deere?

Anyone know what years these were made?

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: JD 8300 grain drill questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Farm with Scrap Iron:

What is a coil packer? Do you have a picture of your 8300 with the coil packers that you could email me?

Farm with Scrap Iron
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: JD 8300 grain drill questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's a link to the company who makes them up here.

[http://www.flexicoil.com/packers.asp]

My 12' JD end wheel drill is vintage, like most my equipment, hence my handle. The 8300 is likely from the 70's or 80's. Mine's from the 60's. They made FB, B, BA plus some other models. They were actually first designed by Van Brunt who JD tookover.
HTH.
Have a good day.

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: JD 8300 grain drill questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Farm with Scrap Iron:

Thanks for the link. We call them Cultipackers in Georgia. I actually have one I could pull behind the grain drill. Great idea. Thanks again.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters