Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Which Baler to buy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Which Baler to buy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK Guys,

I currently have a JD 224WS wire tie with a 4 cyl Wisconsin that is not currently running.

I did not have it for sale but I now have an offer of 600.00. I am thinking about it because I know of a JD 24WS for sale that is PTO driven, or a JD 24T PTo driven.

Sorry for the long post, I have 3 acres that I want to bale myself, I have a 56 JD 420S which I assume will work with either, #5 Mower & Allis Chalmers PTO Rake.

My question is would you sell the 224 for a 24. Would either 24 work, the wire baler is half the price of the twine baler, just not sure what to do. I do want to be all John Deere for sentamental reasons (My dad worked for a dealer in Oregon for 45 years.)

Thanks for listening, appreciate any feedback.

msb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Which Baler to buy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you are going to pull the baler with your 420 then I would get the Wisconsin engine running.That way you can run any ground speed without regard for keeping the PTO speed up.

Farm with Scrap Iron
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Which Baler to buy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IMHO, with three acres you'll never wear out a #24WS or the #224WS which is a heavy duty version of the #24. My preference is for a pto machine but if you like an engine driven one, go for it. My JD #14T pto twine baler has made untold tens of thousands of bales and is still punching them out every season!
HTH.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters