Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

JD 24-B planter plates

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: JD 24-B planter plates Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In need of various JD 24-B planter plates.....
Please reply or email with plates,prices, contact info. etc.
THANKS

johns48jdb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 24-B planter plates Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i"m not familiar with that planter model number. what year model is it. i have a bunch of different plates for the late forties, early fiftes model planters. mine is a 212 b with cast iron plates with four spokes in them and a model number for the plates on the underside. if those are what you are looking for let me know. i have a book around here some place that tells what the model number plates were used for, but want look for it until i know more about what your looking for.

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: JD 24-B planter plates Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Deere has only used two styles of planter plates over the years. Early on they used a plate that had a web across the center hole and the later ones have an open center. The open center ones came around sometime in the 50's. Plate-type planters have fallen out of favor with commercial farmers since there are newer technologies out there. What that means is that many older farmers have boxes full of planter plates that they no longer use. Ask around and you will probably end up with more than you will ever need. Or check with used equipment dealers. You should be able to get used plates for no more than $2 a piece. For new plates, check out the Lincoln Ag Products website. Be prepared to pay over $10 per plate, though.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters