Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

track rollers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kc5gxc
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: track rollers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Howdy....I found a bad track roller on my Kom. D21P. Took it off and looks like the innards are shot, but all else looks good. Are they rebuildable? They all have a 1/8" pipe plug in the end of the shaft. Does anyone install a grease zert and give 'em a shot of grease now and then? Will this screw up a roller that is "pre lubed and sealed"? They are Berco rollers. The bad one is front left....do the front ones generally go out first? Lots of questions...ha. Can anyone recommend a place to buy a replacement (with bolts)?
Thanks....Pete in MS

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: track rollers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Welcome to the club Pete. Bearings are sealed for life or until the seal goes, which ever comes first. They are greasable thru the plug hole, would contact Berco and see what grease they recommend. If you have the bearing and seal numbers, can get them thru a good bearing parts house. Bolts, unless some special type, buy grade 8 some where local. When you reassemble it, you will pack it with grease. You could install a zerk for greasing only and replace with the plug when it is filled. I would contact Berco and have them send me any info or parts break downs they have. After you fix the first one, the second is easier. Been busy, getting dry up here, irrigation pivots running on the river bottom ground, one friend is using 2,000 of deisel a week on 8 systems. Bob LXJ

kc5gxc
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: track rollers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Bob
Thanks for the info. Man, that"s alot of diesel the fellow uses...I"d hate to be paying for it...ha.
If Berco has a rebuild kit, I"ll get it and a new roller also...fix the old one for a spare.
They"re not open on Sat,... I called North Am. Track...guess they are the ones to call for Berco ...they are in SC, I think. I had to heat the bolts a while for them to come loose. Think I bent my pull handle...ha ha. Don"t know if I can get metric bolts the exact size I need locally, so will ask roller sales if they got "em. Was on radio this AM and called you.
Been missing a lot of days....too tempting to be outside doing something. The little dozer has been doing lots of work around here. Very happy with it if it holds together ! Me and the brother welded on it for 2 or three days and all running good but the roller.

Thanks again
Pete

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: track rollers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pete. If they are metric let me know the length and size. there is a surplus bolt operation near me and know him well. All new stock and priced by the pound.

kc5gxc
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: track rollers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks on the bolts, Bob. A 21mm socket fits 'em.
Can check the length. I'll check the heavy truck place near here first. They have some metric stuff. Shipping stuff is a pain!!! ha.
If I have a problem locating some, I will tell you. Heck, all I need at present is 4. I am gonna order a roller tomorrow AM and they should know what bolt fits and have 'em....one would think. At any rate, I will bring the bolt to the truck place tomorrow and they can tell me the size....looks like about 1/2" dia and mebbe 4" long. How's your machines running?
Pete in MS

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: track rollers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The "lifetime lubricated" rollers on my Cats (Berco)all use 30wt engine oil and require a special tool to fill them. Grease is not recommended and will not fill the internal cavities that hold the lubrication oil.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters