Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Allis B Big end Rod bearings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Allis B Big end Rod bearings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can anyone point me in the direction of where i could get some big end rod bearings at 040 cus I having such trouble getting that particular size

Regards
Ben

George Andreasen
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Allis B Big end Rod bearings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try Tony Carbaugh in Turner, Oregon. He lists bearings in "all sizes". His ad can be found on the Unofficial Allis Website. He and Barb are nice to work with too.

ben phillips
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Allis B Big end Rod bearings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you very much i will get in touch with them

Regards
Ben

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Allis B Big end Rod bearings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would tell you how I do it but the correct people would have a fit.

Ahh, let bashing start.

You can buy .030 and cut .005 shims to put under the inserts. The ends of the inserts have to then be filed as necessary and use plasti gage for a propper fit.

TxAllisMan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Allis B Big end Rod bearings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you have a Napa auto parts close to you these guys can get you what your looking for. I use my Local Napa store and they get my parts for me.

Damon
N.E. Texas

CENTAUR
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Allis B Big end Rod bearings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

He can use (Prussian Blue) and a(three sided bearing scraper)to get a good fit.Done it myself,works fine and lasts a long time.CENTAUR

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Ya But Reply to specific post Reply with quote

His rod journal is smaller that the .030 under bearing and NAPA or my other suppliers could not get the .040 under at the time. I needed to have a smaller hole than the .030 under standard so by slipping .005 under the top insert and .005 under the bottom insert My rod bearing hole was then .040 under standard, side to side. The ends of the bearing inserts held the hole to .050 top to bottom until the ends were filed to where when fitted over the crankshaft journal I had the .002 clearance I was after. The shim would need to be cut the same size as the insert to bring the sides in the .010

ben phillips
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Ya But Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks for the comments i might resort to this method as it sounds feasable, and i am struggling with this

CENTAUR
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Ya But Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are 100% right.It was W.W.two surplus engines that I got to fit the cranks in after obtaining semi finished babbitted bearings.I did the same thing that you described on about a half dozen 6 cylinder chevys. CENTAUR

CENTAUR
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Ya But Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are 100% right.It was W.W.two surplus engines that I got to fit the cranks in after obtaining semi finished babbitted bearings.I did the same thing that you described on about a half dozen 6 cylinder chevys. CENTAUR

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Allis B Big end Rod bearings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your local auto machine shop may be able to get them. Hal

TxAllisMan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis B Big end Rod bearings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I never had any trouble getting my bearings thriugh my local Napa dealer.

These guys have been in business in my town before i was even born and im 41 now.

I think it all comes down to parts stores that say they cant find things because they dont wont to.

The modern age of these things we peck on has almost made all prts guys lazy and they dont wont to open a book or pick up a telephone number to call a 1 800 number to their supplier to check on things.

I can remember looking up parts using micro fish while i worked for Big a Auto parts in the machine shop.

TxAllisMan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis B Big end Rod bearings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

http://www.agkits.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=583

that link will get you the bearings you need.

Damon
N.E. Texas

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters