Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Traction king

View previous topic :: View next topic  
casesergelman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Traction king Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey guys, I've been looking around for a traction king for tillage work and to put a blade on for snow plowing for my buisness in the winter, what are your thoughts on that? Also what would be the best/accommodating and most efficient for this? It wouldn't be doing a lot of tillage so I don't need the biggest.

1370rod
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Traction king Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A clean well maintained 4490-94 would be my choose. More accurate steering, better hyds, road speeds and a bunch of updates the 70 series did not have. The 44's were fairly reliable tractors when serviced and operated correctly, and the lower HP helped the drivetrain live a little longer, Rod.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Traction king Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have to say my choice is a 1470 if you can find one, std 8-speed trans great fuel efficiency and keep them full of fluids and service them they will last about forever, this one was used to push beet trucks before I bought it that is what the bracket is on the dozer in the pic
cnt

axe55
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Traction king Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cnt, thanks for posting the pic of the 1470. Really nice tractor, looks good with the blade

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Traction king Reply to specific post Reply with quote

here are a few shots of the other two for you I have I hope to get pics of all three together in the field this year
cnt

axe55
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Traction king Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great set of tractors. 3 of them wow. That one on the trailer you could drop off in il on a loan lol

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters