Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

560 d valve adjustment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad Vaughn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: 560 d valve adjustment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Needing to replace the valve cover gasket on my 560 D and figured I would check the adjustment on the valves why the cover was off. My question is what is the best way to go about this. How do you find #1 TDC on a diesel. Never done this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hoping to tackle this tomorrow. Thanks

Tractordan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: 560 d valve adjustment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just did mine this morning I just started at front and bumped engine over until one rocker on first cylinder was down adjusted other valve bumped it over until other was down adjust other and just worked my way down the line
I needed valve cover gasket myself figured while off check valves had been putting it off not wanting to remover fuel tank but figured out you can just remove intake tube from manifold an fits tight but it will allow you to get valve cover out through
Good luck dan

Owen Aaland
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 560 d valve adjustment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Timing marks are on the front crank pulley with a pin sticking out of the front cover. When coming up on #1 both valves will be moving on #6.

When ever you see both valves moving at the same time, one closing and the other opening, on any cylinder, the cylinder just opposite it in the firing order will be coming up in the firing position. 1 & 6, 2 & 5, 3 & 4.

Jim Naden
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 560 d valve adjustment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Owen Aaland wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:22:21 08/09/14) Timing marks are on the front crank pulley with a pin sticking out of the front cover. When coming up on #1 both valves will be moving on #6.

When ever you see both valves moving at the same time, one closing and the other opening, on any cylinder, the cylinder just opposite it in the firing order will be coming up in the firing position. 1 & 6, 2 & 5, 3 & 4.

With #1 at TDC adjust valves 1,2,3,5,7 and 9
With #6 at TDC adjust valves 4,6,8,10,11 and 12

Clearance is .027" on all valves, set "warm" which is any temperature above freezing.

Brad Vaughn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 560 d valve adjustment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. The new gasket and valves went well.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters