Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

64 Ford 2000 tractor dash light pt 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
perryjosh64
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: 64 Ford 2000 tractor dash light pt 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Folks sorry for the double tap but forgot how the dash light was wired before? This is reference to I recently had alternator rebuilt/converted to a one wire but would like to get dash light working if able. I'm told it may work running wire from T1 to light. Question is do I run other light wire to ground or to key switch ?

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 64 Ford 2000 tractor dash light pt 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

key switch (power when engine running).

WayneIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 64 Ford 2000 tractor dash light pt 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Two wires from the dash light? One to a good ground and the other to the light switch, the same post that feeds the headlights. Don't forget to put a 12 volt bulb in the dash light fixture if you have an alternator. Single wire dash lit fixture? head for the lite switch.

Larry NCKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 64 Ford 2000 tractor dash light pt 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-WayneIA wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:43:30 12/21/16) Two wires from the dash light? One to a good ground and the other to the light switch, the same post that feeds the headlights. Don't forget to put a 12 volt bulb in the dash light fixture if you have an alternator. Single wire dash lit fixture? head for the lite switch.

Nope! He's talking about the GEN tellite, Not the light that illuminates the dash. Read his other posts.

perryjosh64
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 64 Ford 2000 tractor dash light pt 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

See alternator was a 3 wire unit before being converted. If I recall correctly 2 alternator wires went to solenoid and one went to key switch. The dash light had one wire to ground and 1 wire to key switch. However now it's a 1 wire alternator.

WayneIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 64 Ford 2000 tractor dash light pt 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry for the misunderstanding. So we are talking about the charge (idiot)light.!! I've understood that it would be next to impossible to have a charge light function properly with a one wire alternator, but my knowledge electricity goes about as far as using a test light.

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 64 Ford 2000 tractor dash light pt 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-WayneIA wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:46:10 12/22/16) Sorry for the misunderstanding. So we are talking about the charge (idiot)light.!! I've understood that it would be next to impossible to have a charge light function properly with a one wire alternator, but my knowledge electricity goes about as far as using a test light.
Easy to not understand! I initially thought idiot light, but after several following posts, I was having doubts myself. Smile

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters