Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

oil filter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike CA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can I get a new oil filter from a local parts store, or are they specialty items that have to be ordered from OEM or the like?

dcw

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I buy oil filters right from my Case IH dealer.They stock them,as well as lots of other parts for letter series Farmalls.And for me,its just as cheap to buy them there because there is no guess work by a parts guy.

My 2 cents worth.

williamf
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They are available at most auto parts places. The Carquest I've been going to lately has had one in stock the last couple of times I've needed one.
Good luck, Wm

Jim in NC
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

NAPA has them.

SGT K
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a surprise a couple of years ago. One of the big chain auto supply stores was running a 40% off sale on all of their filters. I thought I would stock up and buy all of the filters I needed for the whole year. I looked up all of my IH and JD part numbers and we crossed them to the WIX number.

As it turned out, I could buy almost every single filter cheaper from either the IH or JD dealer. I was really surprised. WIX is a really good filter, but even at 40% off of list price they were more expensive.
Paul

gene bender

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CAR QUEST has them and they are made by WIX. I pay a little less than 3 bucks ea and they come with a new gasket. Is yours the tall one or the short one as you never know when someone has changed the cover.

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim, I used to get all of my tractor filters at NAPA, but then they quit including a new gasket with the filter. I now buy them at Case-IH, the gasket is included, and the price is lower.

Jim in NC
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Interesting. The last ones I bought still had the gasket in with them. Maybe some old stock? It is about a 90 mile round trip to a Case IH dealer for me. I have a Tractor Supply close by and a Couple of CarQuests. Some of the Advance Auto stores keep em in stock as there are alot of these tractors here in Tobacco country that use the same filter.

Jim in NC
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Fram C135 for the short cartridge cover.

Al -VA

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Frankly I have always found dealer prices competitive and the advice a plus. I use Hoobers in Intercourse, Pa and Twin Valley Equipment in Eaton, Ohio.

Andy Motteberg
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you have the tall filter, Fram part number is C136A.

Mike CA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure this is the short filter, correct?

Andy Motteberg
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, that is the short filter. Someone else said the Fram part number for the short filter was C135A. If you want, you can look it up on Fram.com.

Andy.
FRAM Filters

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters