Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Eastwood Corroless

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starr-Point
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Eastwood Corroless Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? A friend recommended this to me:

"A superior product is Eastwood"s "Corroless". I swear by it now and use it evrywhere. It is somewhat expensive (as is everything in their catalog) but it is superior because it converts rust AND acts as a primer/paint which doesn"t need to be top coated if you don"t want to. I paid $16 for my last pint, but I must admit that coverage is very good. They have a web page at http://www.eastwoodco.com"

Like most tractors at one time or another, mine has a very rusted manifold, and thought this might be a good product to use after some wire wheeling, but before tearing the TO30 apart for a good paint job.

Thanks -

Starr-Point
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Eastwood Corroless Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Should have added I have nothing to do with these people - looking for opinions. Thanks.

Lance in Brenham, TX

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Eastwood Corroless Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have used quite a few Eastwood products from my car restoring days to my tractor restoring days now. I have found many good quality products from them.
Eastwood Co.

56Henry
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: Eastwood Corroless Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah, don't think I've ever been disapointed in any of Eastwoods products, other than the prices Shocked I've used Corroless a few times with good results but still preperation is key IMO. Need to remove as much of the rust as possible.

I'm not sure it'll stand up to the heat from yer manifold?? Didn't know it had any heat resistance. I think sandblasting and some of their manifold paint would be the way to go. Is this on an N?? If it's too far gone, a new reproduction don't cost too terribly much Smile

Starr-Point
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Eastwood Corroless Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks - manifold is in decent shape (exhaust needs replacement). I'm just not at the stage of disassembling the whole motor and doing a correct paint job. But I do want to stop the rusting process. Maybe it's better to sand/wire wheel off what I can and just spray with woodstove paint?!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters